Sign in to follow this  
EddMaley

Not Responding, I Don't Know Why

Question

11 answers to this question

So I add a video to a production, I then use the trim tool to shorten it, I change the start point, then it freezes for around 15 seconds and says Not Responding on the video trimmer window, after around 15 seconds it will unfreeze, then I set the end point, then it freezes for around 15 seconds again and says Not Responding on the video trimmer window, and it unfreezes again, I press ok, the video trimmer windows closes, and then Videowave won't stop loading, and then says Not Responding and I have to close it because it doesn't stop saying Not Responding.

Got It!

First step - proper repair, Add Nothing! Leave out Nothing!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick for you ;)

I can not find the repair option, where should it be? All I managed to do was uninstall the newer version and install the older one.

Edited by EddMaley

You did not follow the instructions I gave you so you cannot expect it to react as I described...

And how is it working now?

I followed the instructions exactly, It gave me the option to check for updates, it said a newer version has been detected, I uninstalled the newer version and it then re-installed the older one, I couldn't see a repair option anywhere. I turned off my anti virus etc, and I unplugged my RCG device.

I take that back, you are right!

If you have the SP3 installed, you do not get the Repair Option -_-

And I am still having the issue, some production it won't do it, but for the majority of productions I am having the issue.

I do not fully understand what you are saying here? I think I do but please expand on this.