Sign in to follow this  
Sharon B

Nxt2 Hangs And Roxio Doesn't Recognize Blank Media

Question

I have had Roxio products for many years and each time there are issues when I change computers or have to reinstall. After working with Creator 2011 and 2012, I recently (about 4 months ago) installed NXT2 on a Dell Inspiron XPS 8700 running Windows 7 64 bit. I really didn't use the program until this past week and (as with prior Roxio disc burning and video programs) finding it VERY buggy. Initially there was a folder for Roxio NXT, Roxio NXT2, and Roxio WinDVD. When I tried to open the shortcut from the start menu or my desk top, the splash screen with the Roxio label comes up, but then it says it has stopped running and Windows is looking for a solution. I cleaned the program from my computer, and also took off Corel Win DVD. I then reinstalled it, and reinstalled WinDVD. Now when I click on the shortcut, the program still crashes. If I click on Roxio under Start Programs, I can open individual applications but they are not running normally. For example, VideoWave sometimes crashes while trying to load movie files. The MOST annoying thing is that none of the applications are recognizing a blank disc in my burner. (Tried Verbatim DVD -R and Memorex DVD +R.) WinDVD and Windows explorer do recognize these blank disks. I copied a video as an .iso file on my computer, but I can't seem to burn it because neither Roxio secure burn, nor MyDVD find the disk!

Any suggestions?

Sharon

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet