• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Senna001

No Video Signal, Pc Crashes When Pulling Out Usb

Question

hello there,

i installed everything by the book, program runs, but there seems to be no video signal. specs of my pc are

windows 7 64-bit

3GHz processor

8GB Ram

Asus Hd 6870 1gb graphic card

windows media player

Dvd writer

several usb 2.0 ports

Also does my computer falls out completly when i pull out the usb cable, even when the program isn't running any more.

and is it normal that the little black box that splits the cable from usb to vhs cable gets hot?

please help me on this one

i'm desperate at this moment, don't know what to do with it anymore

much greetings

18 answers to this question

I think the first thing to do is to delete the existing Drivers and start with a fresh install.

With the USB Device plugged in you should see these 2 entries in your Device Manager::

post-39730-0-26717400-1412593492_thumb.jpg

Delete both!

Then Remove the Device and keep it away from your PC until the end..

Make sure you turn off any Anti Virus program and reboot.

Insert the Disc and run the program. It should offer to Repair and when it does, accept that.

You can turn your AV back on now and reboot.

pc doesn't crash anymore when i pull out the usb cable.

But i stil have no video signal.

I even bought a new cable, this time a s-video cable to scart.

And still no luck

i have done the steps you said twice, still nothing

??????????????????

i starting to think i have made mistake bying this software

what is wrong and why doesn't it works with me?

please help

greetings

Didn't a SCART come with the program (if you are in a SCART needed area). Which SART did you buy. Post a link to it, thanks..

Did you follow the Users Guide (here)?

Edited by sknis

the cable i bought is

http://mycom.be/desktops-randapparatuur/kabels/beeld/131409/icidu-scartcable-2m

131409.png

i have checked de vcr player at my tv, this one is working, just in cause my brother is comming over today with another vcr player. i tried to place the usb now at the back main usb ports now, that also does not work.

i have been searching other posts here, and checked everything you guys have sujested yet.

Is there a way to find where the signal is comming in and manually direct that signal to the program? Or is there a way to see if the signal is comming in anyway?

greetings

my brother has been here, no luck, with 2 other vcr players that work on my tv, still no luck on my pc. i have read the instruction guide, and did everything by the book

is there a way to test if there is a signal comming in my pc? not there for in the program but in the pc?

greetings

Notice that you are swapping out everything but the SCART connector.

Steve was asking as many Scatr adapters don't actually wire the RCA & S-Video connections!

The one you linked to Does appear to have an active S-Video (of course you have to hook up audio separately)

If there is any way you can try another SCART connector OR if you have something else (DVD or BD Player) you can hookup to test with??? That would be good!

ok, sorry i'm from belgium, my English is not the best. i will try this now. meanwhile i have tried some other software for capturing vhs and there i already have sound but no image. is it normal that my usb device is set as an audio device? is this normal? if this is the problem can it be changed?

In post #2 is a picture of what you should see in the Device Manager (with the Roxio USB plugged in)....is this what you show in your Device Manager?.

Good news on the USB location....

When you connect your VCR'S to your TV (which is OK), are you using the same Scart connector that you are using to connect to the Roxio unit?

I use the same cable i bought, and use to connect to the roxio cable. But not the roxio cable, because i haven’t got an usb entrance on my tv.

Greetings

today i have bought the same program but by magix, the same is happening, no video signal. So now i know the problem is on my pc. the fact my pc doesn't support video images comming in with usb, can i fix this somehow?

greetings

no, that is not the problem...

In fact it is not even possible :huh:

What Tony asked in Post #13 is not relavant because you are connecting Scart to Scart when you go from VCR to TV.

The question here is when you connect S-Video (or rca composite) FROM your Scart connector.

I have NO idea if this 'magix' software is even compatible with the Roxio Capture USB device??? VERY few 3rd part software that are.

(HERE is one that has a trial download)

I think your best be is to go to a store that has some knowledge of electronics and ask for a Scart cable that they know has an active S-Video or RCA connection out.

The connection you speak of, i already have, isn’t that the cable i posted a picture of? This cable has on one end an scart connection and on the other side of the cable an s-video and audio connection? Even with this cable no video signal.

And the magix software comes with its own usb device

And you connect using the same Scart cable...

Check Enstine's definition of insanity ^_^