• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pan And Zoom Edit "preview" Screen Gone

dpbel

Question

When going into edit screen for pan and zoom, I once had the preview sceen to preview the frames that were processed to pan and zoom. I now only have the start and end screens and the preview screen is not there but the caption "Preview" remains but isn't even a screen, just gray. I am in MYDVD and wonder if it was the VideoWave that only had this option. Any ideas? Did I inadvertantly turn something off?

Thanks for the replies

11 answers to this question

Very interesting.... That shouldn't affect how the program works. I even use video on external hard drives and haven't had a problem. I'll have to see if I can duplicate this.

Where the images originally on the external drive when you started the project or did you import them into the project and then moved them?

Figured it out finally...I think there may even be a few other people with this same issues and other issues due to this problem. I had moved all my image files to an external hard-drive and was editing through it. This appears to cancel any kind of previewing and sometimes does cancel the pan and zoom all together. I did have a problem with mp3 files in this manner also when used externally.

Thanks again for all the replies. It is greatly appreciated to know that there are some that can resolve a problem at the click of the finger.

I have all my source files (photos, video & audio) stored on an external drive and have not problems editing/viewing/burning my projects.

If you clicked on EDIT MOVIE in MyDVD, the 'editor' is in fact Videowave where you should be able to edit the pan/zoom. Click on BACK TO MENU at the top to go back to MyDVD. Pan/Zoom should work the same.

Thanks Gary.....This is not the case, I am aware of the pan and zoom tasks as I have been doing this on my recent project and now I do not get the windos at all to preview which happened before I wrote my initial post. Now, I can't even attempt to pan and zoom at all!! What exactly does clearing the proxy file do to this feature? Remove everything :) That I think may be the case as I cleared the proxy due to my virtual memory becoming low.

Thanks Gary.....This is not the case, I am aware of the pan and zoom tasks as I have been doing this on my recent project and now I do not get the windos at all to preview which happened before I wrote my initial post. Now, I can't even attempt to pan and zoom at all!! What exactly does clearing the proxy file do to this feature? Remove everything :) That I think may be the case as I cleared the proxy due to my virtual memory becoming low.

I just started a new project to see if this would change and it did not. As I edit a still phote which is part of the movie. I open the pan and zoom and see only two windows to edit the pan and zoom in manual mode. There should be a third scrreen to preview this effect after set but I once had this and now it is gone. I did mention earlier that I cleared the proxy folder but this hasn't changed or had any affect on a new project for being able to do the pan and zoom. Any ideas??

Clearing the proxy files removes all the files from the last time you cleared the proxy files. As soon as you start working on a production, the proxy files are immediately rebuilt for that production only (you got rid of the old crap).

Sorry but I have to ask, if you go to tools/options, is the program set to hardware or software rendering?. If it set to software, run the test. If it goes to hardware, then look at the pan and zoom. If it goes to software, again look at the preview screen. Do you see it in either hardware or software?

In either case, and if you haven't done it very recently, update the drivers for our video card.

I just started a new project to see if this would change and it did not. As I edit a still phote which is part of the movie. I open the pan and zoom and see only two windows to edit the pan and zoom in manual mode. There should be a third scrreen to preview this effect after set but I once had this and now it is gone. I did mention earlier that I cleared the proxy folder but this hasn't changed or had any affect on a new project for being able to do the pan and zoom. Any ideas??

Very interesting.... That shouldn't affect how the program works. I even use video on external hard drives and haven't had a problem. I'll have to see if I can duplicate this.

Where the images originally on the external drive when you started the project or did you import them into the project and then moved them?

Yea...I had them on my c:/ drive and moved them to an external...Didn't realize this would affect it but it did. Even bringing the files back must have lost something also because If I use other image files that were not part of the product, it works fine with all [3] windows active. Using the project files I have from the project only shows start and finish windows with NO preview. What I also find interesting is that files that I had reworked in ADOBE Photoshop CS2 will not allow me to do any editing with pan and zoom and only shows the start window with no editing capabilities. Any ideas why?? They are still jpeg files and were saved as jpeg after doing minor image editing.

Clearing the proxy files removes all the files from the last time you cleared the proxy files. As soon as you start working on a production, the proxy files are immediately rebuilt for that production only (you got rid of the old crap).

Sorry but I have to ask, if you go to tools/options, is the program set to hardware or software rendering?. If it set to software, run the test. If it goes to hardware, then look at the pan and zoom. If it goes to software, again look at the preview screen. Do you see it in either hardware or software?

In either case, and if you haven't done it very recently, update the drivers for our video card.

Thanks Steve...Unfortunately it still did not work. My Option was set at Hardware rendering, I tried both software and hardware. THIS DID WORK until today. I had no problem with the pan and zoom preview screen

screen.jpg

The pan and zoom still functions...just without the preview...Is this such a mystery?? I would have thought this has happened before. My drivers have been updated but like I said before, It worked fine yesterday. I didn't think I changed anything but even if I did, I can't locate any help files that state anything about the screen.

Thanks anyways, I'd be more than happy to here more troubleshots on this

I also am unable to see anything in the preview screen using Pan and Zoom. In fact the whole procedure to use this feature, in my opinion, leaves a lot to be desired.

I tried both 'Hardware' and 'Software' rendering with no difference.

Maybe it's me but I think the same feature in 7.5 was quite a bit easier to use. Is there anything that clearly explains how to use the Pan and Zoom option for 8.0?

Thanks,

Robert

Figured it out finally...I think there may even be a few other people with this same issues and other issues due to this problem. I had moved all my image files to an external hard-drive and was editing through it. This appears to cancel any kind of previewing and sometimes does cancel the pan and zoom all together. I did have a problem with mp3 files in this manner also when used externally.

Thanks again for all the replies. It is greatly appreciated to know that there are some that can resolve a problem at the click of the finger.

Archived