sknis

Time For A New Computer

No, I am not going to build ! :P

My 6 year old Velocity Micro has given up the ghost. A quick diagnosis pointed to a crashed motherboard. Velocity can replace the motherboard but the computer is so old that they would also have to replace the processor and the memory -- at least. About $700 including shipping and the installation of the parts.

I am starting to look at other computer manufacturers, Any suggestions for one that builds custom computers?

Anyone have any experience with Xeon processors? I understand that they are like the Intel i series but do not have on board video. The one I've been quoted is equivalent to i7 at 3.3 Ghz.

My budget is in the $2000 to $2500 Range.

i don't know anything about them but a friend of my son just ordered a custom built gaming PC from Maingear. They do all types of PC's.

Order your parts and send them to me and I'll build it for you. :D

"Order your parts and send them to me and I'll build it for you."

Do I have to pay for the beer?

Maingear was one of the companies I was looking at (a suggestion from another guru).

If. you don't want to build your own Steve I would suggest that you just check out

the good manufactures and do a custom order for exactly what you want and then decide

which one is best for your needs. For 2K you should be able to get a very high dollar

computer that has some of the best hardware on the market !!

Thanks, I am currently using an Alienware 17 inch laptop. It is OK -- weighs a ton. .. Shortly after I put a SSD in it, It forgot I had a video card so it is using the on-board 4000HD chip from the I7. That built in chip is doing well. I'm not sure I even need to go in to remove and install the video card. I know I did not come near it when I put in the SSD. :wacko:

This week I am going to do some 3D video editing to see if it really does work.

i don't know anything about them but a friend of my son just ordered a custom built gaming PC from Maingear. They do all types of PC's.

Order your parts and send them to me and I'll build it for you. :D

Do you really want that crippled lush building your PC :lol::D:lol:

I'll take one of those computers built by that crippled lush long before I would by one from a manufacturer Jim !! :D

Ah, shucks, I can feel the love. :lol:

I so enjoy building and wish I could do it more often. I have noticed that the options we have as builders are changing as less and less people want the big machines builders enjoy. Everyone wants the tiny little boxes now.