• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

pam_mortensen

Need suggestions for new computer

As many of you know because you have helped me with my problems in the past, I am in need of a new computer.

I have a Sony DVD Handicam (mini DVD) and want to be able to make my surround sound, 9:16 format movies without all the drama. Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Thanks!

Pam

Hi Pam,

Most any Intel or Amd dual core processor, will handle that nicely.

The software is what your looking for to do the 16.9 widescreen format

and the surround sound. Check the camera book on the surround sound, if it's 5.1, 6.1. or 7.1. Then you have to find software to preserve that.

cdanteek

Guest mlpasley

Well, if it were up to me, I'd wait until the new computers come out with Windows Vista early next year. But if you cannot wait.....

Dual core processor, lots of RAM, big hard drive(s), video card that exceeds requirements for version 9, sound card that's compatable with the video card and exceeds specifications, and of course, USB and IEEE 1394 ports, DVD burner, etc.

Most of the major computer manufacturer's have computers specifically made for video editing. I'd suggest that you visit some of their websites. Many of them have tools to help you pick out a computer based on how you intend to use the computer.

As to the surround sound...... EMC 9 supports "Stereo 2 channel only regardless if PCM, MPEG or AC3 audio" according to the people who use 9.

Edited by mlpasley

Well, if it were up to me, I'd wait until the new computers come out with Windows Vista early next year. But if you cannot wait.....

Dual core processor, lots of RAM, big hard drive(s), video card that exceeds requirements for version 9, sound card that's compatable with the video card and exceeds specifications, and of course, USB and IEEE 1394 ports, DVD burner, etc.

Most of the major computer manufacturer's have computers specifically made for video editing. I'd suggest that you visit some of their websites. Many of them have tools to help you pick out a computer based on how you intend to use the computer.

As to the surround sound...... EMC 9 supports "Stereo 2 channel only regardless if PCM, MPEG or AC3 audio" according to the people who use 9.

Thanks for your suggestions! As it is now, I have loads of video that I really can't work with on my current system, unless I want to go completely bald.