• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Edit Existing Project And Adding Video Clips

indy1911@yahoo.com

Question

:)

I have been unable to add video clips to an existing project or production. The video file imported wonderfully. However, I could not add any existing clips to my project/production. My sequence of events are as follows: Roxio Media Manager > DVD > Edit Video; Use Existing Production/Project - Y; File > Add Photos/Video > Select Clip...and nothing happens.

I get my storyline/timeline and it doesn't add the video clips to my existing project/production. I am very frustrated! HELP!!!

5 answers to this question

:)

I have been unable to add video clips to an existing project or production. The video file imported wonderfully. However, I could not add any existing clips to my project/production. My sequence of events are as follows: Roxio Media Manager > DVD > Edit Video; Use Existing Production/Project - Y; File > Add Photos/Video > Select Clip...and nothing happens.

I get my storyline/timeline and it doesn't add the video clips to my existing project/production. I am very frustrated! HELP!!!

Indy, I can't solve your present problem, however, it would be my advise to you to compile your projects in videowave first, there seems to be less problems this way.

Is compiling your project the same as saving it? If not, how do you compile your project? My project is saved as dsmx soemthing file and my video clips are saved as an AVI file. Could this be my issue?

Indy, I can't solve your present problem, however, it would be my advise to you to compile your projects in videowave first, there seems to be less problems this way.

OK. I'll try that tonight. But if I can recollect, I have done this and the video clips do not get added. In fact nothing happens at all - no error message, etc.

The source file is filename.avi and the targeted project file is filename.dsdm(?).

What is the format of those clips? What is the source?

Try this sequence. In VideoWave, open your project with file/(select your file) make sure you are in storyline view (little squares). Now click add photo video. Navigate to and select the one you want to add. The program will give you some choices on where you want it added. At this point, it really doesn't matter. Add the video and then move it to where you want it. Does this work? Please poist any error messages if it doesn't.

It could be something simple.

Open Videowave

Load your project

click on the Preview button that looks like this >| (go to end)

NOW Click on Add Photo/Video and import the clip

If that isn't where you want it, switch to Storyboard View and drag n drop it where you desire.

If it still does not import, there may be something wrong with the file. Is it DV AVI , DivX ?? How was it created, etc.

What is the format of those clips? What is the source?

Try this sequence. In VideoWave, open your project with file/(select your file) make sure you are in storyline view (little squares). Now click add photo video. Navigate to and select the one you want to add. The program will give you some choices on where you want it added. At this point, it really doesn't matter. Add the video and then move it to where you want it. Does this work? Please poist any error messages if it doesn't.

Thanks for the reply. Videowave is where I am having the problems. I can't seem to add existing video clips to my project.

Archived