Question

Hey, first post!

I'm having an issue with my Roxio Game Capture when I try to stream with my PS4. I set it up and in the first moment everything looks like it's gonna be great and it's connected when out of nowhere it switches to component cables and the screen in the program turns blue and it tells me "no signal." It even jumps back and forth from HDMI to component so it shows me what's playing on my PS4 for a moment before jumping back to the blue screen again.

Sometimes it still says it's still on HDMI but still switches back and forth rapidly from "ready" to "no signal"

Random info that may prove useful:

I am 99% sure that I have everything connected properly.

I've done loads of streams before, but have never attempted it with my PS4 until today.

I am using HDMI cables, not component cables.

My laptop is surprisingly heavy duty and has little to no problem streaming before. It's never gotten overheated or anything like that either.

I have tried different HDMI cords to make sure they're not the problem.

Thank you for any help!!!

7 answers to this question

HDMI on PS4 has copy protection on the output and doesn't work with the capture device.

Hi SeventeenthStar,

Have you checked if you're running the latest system version update for your PS4? In the update, you'll be able to disable HDCP to capture videos using HDMI cables. You can check out the tutorial on the link below for a video guide.

http://howto.corel.com/index.php/Roxio:Capturing_from_PlayStation_4_(PS4)_with_Roxio_Game_Capture_HD_Pro

Try disabling HDCP and test the device again.

One more setting in your PS4 to check. Make sure it is SET to output as HDMI and at a specific resolution (1080i)!

There is some auto sense and it will cause the PS4 and the RGC to start a dance with settings ;)

Okay!! I solved the problem!!

I didn't know this even existed, but in the System Settings for the PS4 (Settings > System) there is an option for "Enable HDCP" Of course, after unchecking that it started working. I should have known to check the PS4 settings more thoroughly. Thank you so much for your help!!

Okay!! I solved the problem!!

I didn't know this even existed, but in the System Settings for the PS4 (Settings > System) there is an option for "Enable HDCP" Of course, after unchecking that it started working. I should have known to check the PS4 settings more thoroughly. Thank you so much for your help!!

Glad to hear that but that has nothing to do with the symptoms you first described...

When HDCP is active with the PS4 it will work fine only you will see a Red 'Signal Protected', which is not what you ever mentioned here...

I suspect you had multiple problems and the HDCP setting was but one of them -_-