• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Darvon

Losing Photoshows

Question

I have had a Roxio Photoshow account since at least 2006 and have created 62 photoshows to date. Following comments from folks I have emailed links to, I today discovered that 20 of my photoshows no longer work. I still have an active Photoshow Premium account paid into 2015. The affected shows load only the title slide and then stall. I have tried the links both from different computers and within my own. Under 'edit' none of the loaded photos are present. Some of the photoshows are as old as 2007 and some as recent as 2 months old. Customer service looks like it will be a bear to use. Before I leave this product forever and reconstruct my family slideshows with a different software download, can anyone suggest a fix or way forward? Should I delete the software and reload? Help! Darvon

• Like 1

I have had a Roxio Photoshow account since at least 2006 and have created 62 photoshows to date. Following comments from folks I have emailed links to, I today discovered that 20 of my photoshows no longer work. I still have an active Photoshow Premium account paid into 2015. The affected shows load only the title slide and then stall. I have tried the links both from different computers and within my own. Under 'edit' none of the loaded photos are present. Some of the photoshows are as old as 2007 and some as recent as 2 months old. Customer service looks like it will be a bear to use. Before I leave this product forever and reconstruct my family slideshows with a different software download, can anyone suggest a fix or way forward? Should I delete the software and reload? Help! Darvon

Darvon,

Did you download and install and run the desktop version as suggested many times?

Concedrning ther on-line PhotoShows: Even thought the title image is not showing, I could play the PhotoShows. I have 36 PhotoShows and have 8 with missing cover photos but they all play. It just takes a few seconds to start the playing (the rotating arrow).

WGG, Didn't you like my answer in the other thread? Did you try it?

Contact Corel and get your money back because they are not going to fix it.

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

I was so hopeful but I just tried it and it didn't work. Now what? I don't want my money back, I want the PhotoShow back.

• Like 1

I was so hopeful but I just tried it and it didn't work. Now what? I don't want my money back, I want the PhotoShow back.

Contact Corel to tell them the problem. I'll se what I can get done also.

• Like 1

I am having the same problem with old and new photoshows, two of which are from our son's recent wedding :( I have tried everything to refresh, edit, get these photoshows working...since the wedding is recent...many people are asking why they can't view my shows. I am also a premium member. Trying to get customer support is ridiculously frustrating. If anyone knows how to transfer these photoshows into a more reliable program....I am ready to jump ship...in the meantime, it sure would be nice if the program I have paid to use for many years now would actually work...Help!!

• Like 1

Hi,I am losing so many photoshows too so stupid, how can I get them back. This is ridiculous, I paid for this year membership and upload pictures I had problem already, and now I can't even play my old shows..What to do now... Helpppp

Hi,I am losing so many photoshows too so stupid, how can I get them back. This is ridiculous, I paid for this year membership and upload pictures I had problem already, and now I can't even play my old shows..What to do now... Helpppp

Contact Corel and get your money back. At this point I don't know when or if the problem will be fixed, There may have been a computer crash that lost those files but I'm not sure. I have asked support but have not received and answer.

You will still be able to use the desktop version to create shows and convert them to wmv files to upload to file sharing sites like YouTube. On the YouTube site, you can mark them as unlisted so that only those who you send the link to can access them.

• Like 1

I am having the same problem and have been begging for help (two help tickets in the queue). Your best bet is to backup al lof your work to your desk top, if there is anything you can salvage. At that point you can at least restore what you have back to your online "member account/channel" as a recovery method you can control ("sync data option").

I have had a premium account for 5 years and have never see ANYTHING like this, or such "unyielding" customer support. I lost 25 of 118 photo shows before I noticed they were (somehow) being "corrupted". Hopefully Corel will be able recover lost information once they get a "grip" on this situation. I thought of providing a list of corrupted photo shows with my request for help, then thought it would be a better idea to just ask to have my entire account "restored" to a "specific point in time". (Hoping they have adequate "back up" files.) We shall see what we shall see........

Good Luck!

My Help Ticket was logged on 10/23 (via Chat Session) I am still waiting for a response to many outstanding questions.....

Latest Corel Response;

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support. I apologize for the inconvenience that the program might have caused you. We are already informed with the issue in Roxio Photoshow and we are currently getting in contact with our higher department. For the meantime, I would like you to try to download a copy of you project in your Photoshow desktop version and see if it will still be corrupted.

1.Download and install Roxio Photoshow desktop and install it.

2.Log in the premium account and download your project.

3.You can still edit your Photoshow project if you wish.

4.In the last part of the program which is "Share", you can see a button "Export a video file" which allow you to create a video file of your Photoshow project.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions. Regards, Corel Customer Support Services

To check on the status of your case, log in at: https://www.corel.com/corel/login.jsp and select Support Cases.

My Response:

Corel Support, I downloaded one of my "problem" photo shows and attempted to edit and execute the last part of the program which is the "SHARE" function, as you suggested. I was unable to perform the Export process because as soon as I "clicked" on the "SHARE" option, my screen totally froze up. I await further instructions/information. Thanks for your support.

Greetings!

I finally spoke with a Tech Support Rep. (Because of concern over my situation, I paid a one-time support fee of $25.00 to speak with a "real" person.) Bottom line is that Corel is aware of the problem, working the issue and will contact me with a status as soon are there is an update.

I am hoping they can "restore" my account to a point in time where I can recover what has been lost. I have "backed up" 93 of the 118 photo shows that are functioning properly---to my home computer. Highly recommended for anyone who does not have a back up of "functioning" photo shows at this point. (The desktop software was free, supplied as a result of a chat session concerning my problem.)

My hope is that my 25 "bad" photo shows that are not functioning properly will be re-established as a result of my request for restore support. For me, recreating these photo shows, some viewed and shared for 5 years, is not an option.

Good Bye and Good Luck!

I am very disappointed that Corel (Roxio) has not responded in an appropriate and professional manner to this very serious problem while they continue to sell premium subscriptions to unsuspecting customers who may lose countless hours of work on photoshows created with complete trust that Corel (Roxio) was a conscientious and honest company dedicated not only to providing a quality product, but also to customer support. Yet, we are almost totally locked out of customer support without paying a fee for an apology and no solution! I also don't want my money back. I want my photoshows back!!!! I sincerely hope that when or if Corel actually steps up to the plate and at least explains what has happened to our photoshow if they can't rectify the problem, that they will post the solution, an apology, or frequent updates on their progress or lack thereof. It's not enough for them to simply say, "We're aware and working on it." If I don't get an email from Roxio as a premium customer then I would hope that we could at the very least see a satisfactory posting on this user forum.

Thanks so much for your efforts GwenButler. Actually speaking to Tech Support for Roxio PhotoShow must have been quite thrilling conclusion to a monumental task. I somehow got to speak to them several months ago (before I discovered that 28 of my 161 shows are 'corrupted'/lost) when I wanted to see if they had a SEARCH feature, what with 14 pages of shows, it was extremely difficult when asked to show 'Kenya Photo Safari #5'. They had no solution except to say 'there is none, but we'll let them know your concerns.'

I have just had to renew (5th year), but the Roxio Returns and Cancellations form says 'The Roxio store by Digital River offers a 30-day money back guarantee. (I used my AMEX card, just to be sure).

So I will be fevereshly downloading as many of the 161 that I can ... before the whole thing collapses.

And hopefully Gwen will have some positive answers for us soon.

I am very disappointed that Corel (Roxio) has not responded in an appropriate and professional manner to this very serious problem while they continue to sell premium subscriptions to unsuspecting customers who may lose countless hours of work on photoshows created with complete trust that Corel (Roxio) was a conscientious and honest company dedicated not only to providing a quality product, but also to customer support. Yet, we are almost totally locked out of customer support without paying a fee for an apology and no solution! I also don't want my money back. I want my photoshows back!!!! I sincerely hope that when or if Corel actually steps up to the plate and at least explains what has happened to our photoshow if they can't rectify the problem, that they will post the solution, an apology, or frequent updates on their progress or lack thereof. It's not enough for them to simply say, "We're aware and working on it." If I don't get an email from Roxio as a premium customer then I would hope that we could at the very least see a satisfactory posting on this user forum.

Sorry you got no response. Try it with a normal text font.

Like an idiot I paid for the premium Membership for $39.95 and after downloading the software I find that ALL of my photoshows are GONE! GONE!! I called and was directed to so many people it was ridiculous. The WORST customer service ever. I am so disgusted I could spit! They better do something to rectify this situation and give us all back or photshows that we worked so hard on!! My son was in the Navy and I have lost precious photoshows! Shame on Roxio and Corel and the crooks that took our money!!!!

More BS: I contacted e support live for Corel and got nowhere. Seems my membership lapsed on Nov 2013 and I never got a renewal invoice so all my photoshows were deleted. Nice company eh? I went online to Photoshow Roxio today and learned that my upgrade was ready, so I paid like a fool.

More BS: I contacted e support live for Corel and got nowhere. Seems my membership lapsed on Nov 2013 and I never got a renewal invoice so all my photoshows were deleted. Nice company eh? I went online to Photoshow Roxio today and learned that my upgrade was ready, so I paid like a fool.

Who is to blame for that? If you were using it as much as you said you were, you would have noticed that the membership was lapsing.

I don't understand about the "upgrade" that you are talking about. There has been no upgrade for many years.

I fell bad for those people who had their memberships in force and lost their PhotoShows but your issue is entirely different.

Yes your right I was not able to use the service as I was very sick for almost a year. Unfortunatly,things like this do happen. During that time I was never notified that it had lapsed. No email, nothing till today when I signed on and I WAS able to sign into my account. The Upgrade to Premium Membership is what everyone is talking about. They take your money and then don't deliver! Upgrading to Premium Service only resulted in lost videos. Hope that explains what you need to know.

Well, add me to the list of folks have the same issue. Some of my photo shows still show, but the ones with the blank front page do not play except for the first 30 seconds. I have tried to contact a tech for help, I can not reach anyone. Obviously, I am a paid premium subscriber and it expires the first of December. I hate to not renew, but, why pay for something that does not work? I have looked and looked for another on-line program like this, I can not find any that have the features such as music and other neat things. I I am very novice when it comes to doing most things on my computer. I have noticed that you are all saying to back up the ones that are still visible, how do I do that? Also, what is the desktop version? See, I don't know anything really. I need help.

That's too bad Susie. I know I was so upset to see mine gone. I think you may still have a chance of getting yours back but don't let your membership lapse or they will be gone forever. Hope someone can help you with the desktop version. I just downloaded the Premium Software after I purchased the upgrade. My shows still are visible on the side only by name. The actual videos are gone. :(

The Guru has a more recent thread on this topic, now closed. Nobody in either thread has ever solved the problem of the lost photoshows. I have tried all suggestions to no avail. It would appear that this software is broken and is not going to be fixed. I will be sure to never buy another Corel product in the future.

I would not say "NEVER" get the lost PhotoShows back but there is that possibility. Roxio/Corel does have someone looking at the problem. Have you worked with the desktop version to save those PhotoShows that have not been lost? If you still have the resources (Pictures and Music). perhaps you can recreate them on your desktop version.