hannuruo

Installation causes windows to hang

Question

My problem is that when i install EMC9 to my computer (windows XP) windows hangs totally. Booting takes at least 10 to 15 minutes and when i finally get to the login screen and log in, it doesn't load even desktop just shows blue screen (not the one with error messages).

Installation went through without problems or any error messages and everything looked fine. Anyway problems started right away from the first reboot after installation.

Does anyone have some suggestion what to do with this problem ? I already installed EMC9 again 3 times without any help.

5 answers to this question

My problem is that when i install EMC9 to my computer (windows XP) windows hangs totally. Booting takes at least 10 to 15 minutes and when i finally get to the login screen and log in, it doesn't load even desktop just shows blue screen (not the one with error messages).

Installation went through without problems or any error messages and everything looked fine. Anyway problems started right away from the first reboot after installation.

Does anyone have some suggestion what to do with this problem ? I already installed EMC9 again 3 times without any help.

Posting your computer specs would be helpful. What other similar software do you have installed on your system? Also, keep in mind if you have IE7 Beta installed, that's a problem that is being worked on so you might want to remove that if it's the case.

Did you shut down any anti virus software (like Norton) before installing? They're getting to be notorious for preventing files from properly installing and registering with all kinds of software.

I have tried to install EMC9 to my home computer (pentium 4 3 Ghz, 1024 Mb memory, WIN XP Pro, 160 Gb HD, Ati 9700 Pro) And to my laptop (Centrino 2 Ghz, 1024 Mb memory, 80 Gb HD, Ati 9700)

Both computers have exactly the same problem.

before installation i stopped Norton Internet Security 2006 and i'm not using any other burning software like NERO or similar. I Don't have IE7 either.

Any other ideas ?

I have tried to install EMC9 to my home computer (pentium 4 3 Ghz, 1024 Mb memory, WIN XP Pro, 160 Gb HD, Ati 9700 Pro) And to my laptop (Centrino 2 Ghz, 1024 Mb memory, 80 Gb HD, Ati 9700)

Both computers have exactly the same problem.

before installation i stopped Norton Internet Security 2006 and i'm not using any other burning software like NERO or similar. I Don't have IE7 either.

Any other ideas ?

Boy, it sure sounds to me like a conflict from something already installed! Was this a custom built rig or is it one bought from one of the big guys? I'm curious what other software is preinstalled.

hannuruo - Your symptoms are reminiscent of what lots of us experienced when installing the first versions of Windows XP Service Pack 2.....10 - 15 minutes before the desktop appeared, etc. MS finally fixed SP2 to solve this problem. Are your computers up to date with all the MS hotfixes/updates, etc? Good luck. - Dave