• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
aquancer

Video Capture Under Windows 7

When I try to run Video Capture under Windows 7 64 bit, with Creator NXT Pro, the program hangs and them crashes and I get the blue screen. I'm trying to capture from a Roxio Video Capture USB device. Can anyone help me?

Something is amiss...

Try a proper repair ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I try it, however, it did not work.

I was able to open the video capture using the video conferencing camera. I then connected the Roxio video capture USB.

Video capture recognized it and when I select it windows crashes.

Windows its giving me the following error "Dazzle DVC 90 video device isn't working properly because compatible driver is not available for this version of windows". As I mentioned I'm running windows 7 (64 bits). I have not been able to find the drivers.

I have fully uninstalled the software twice and re-installed to no avail.

Edited by aquancer

With the Capture USB Device plugged in, what shows up in your Device Manager?

It should look like one of these (depends on when you got it):

post-39730-0-20449100-1415917492_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-30838700-1415917489_thumb.jpg

I bought the product early 2013.

This is what I have:

Roxio Video Capture USB

UB35-E Ver. 2

What I see is on your first screen:

post-58314-0-30787900-1415933752_thumb.jpg

Tell us more about the "Video Conferencing Camera" Is it a standard web cam?

Tell us more about your computer via dxdiag.exe. Follow these instructions.(link)

You may be trying to use the program for what it was not designed to do.

Edited by sknis

The video camera is from Creative

Live cam Scialize HD 1080

Model# VF0680

Never had a problem with it.

The Roxio program I'm using is Roxio Creator NXT Pro and I have used it before to copy my VHS. Can't figure out what's happening. Originally I was using windows 7 32 bits and since I changed to 64 bits I did not use creator for video only audio without a problem.

As requested see attachment:

DxDiag.txt

Why are you not using the "Live" that came with the camera? Why are you using the Roxio USB capture device? Doesn't that web cam just plug into a USB poort on your computer?

I guess I am a bit confused with what you are trying to do. Please answer the questions and do a little more explanation. I capture from a web cam all the time. In fact, my icon is a screen cap from a web cam. I use the software that came with my C950 webcam.

Change you Windows fonts to 100% (96 dpi) yours is set to 125%

Are you trying to capture to your "d" drive? There is not enough space. Are you trying to capture to other than your system or internal drive?

Edited by sknis

I'm aware that I can capture video using my camera, however, it's not what I want to do. I want to transfer my VHS to DVD

I'm trying to capture from a VHS tape connected to the Roxio video capture USB. this is the way I have always done it and I believe is the only way it can be done by connecting the VHS player to the Roxio Video Capture USB or any other video capture device. I'm I wrong about this?

About the drive I have another 1TB drive that I will be using and from there I would create the DVD.

Why did you even bring up the information regarding the Creative camera if you just wanted to capture from a VHS tape?

The only reason I mentioned the camera is that when I open Roxio creator NXT pro it shows the camera first and the Roxio video capture as a second selection. When I choose the Roxio capture device windows crashes. That's when I get the windows message that Dazzle DVC 90 video device needs a compatible driver for in 7. I thought I made that clear originally. Sorry about that.

It seems that is looking for windows 7 64 drivers and I cant find any for the Roxio Video Capture USB. Any idea would help. Hope you can help me.

Edited by aquancer

Device Manager - Plug in the USB device and then right click on the Roxio USB entries to remove both of the entries. Unplug the device and reboot. Go here for the drivers (link). Download and save the download so you won't lose it. Install the driver. Now plug in the device to see if it works. --- No guarantee.