• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Information

My DVD 9

Question

Just recently purchased Easy Media Creator 9 and have been having no issues with creating a project but once it comes to sending the project to 'MyDVD' or 'MyDVD Express' the issues begin. The production shows up on the title screen as it should, butonce I push Burn, all I can see is the Encoding Preview window, and nothing happens.

I thought this may be an unfixable issue due to it being a user/computer error on my part, so I went out and purchased Easy Media Creator 8. I tried the same thing, and had no problems whatsoever, in fact I sat down and enjoyed my first DVD creation last night. But this was only with Easy Media Creator 8, (MyDVD, and Video Wave 8), not 9.

The issue still arise with MyDVD 9 and I would like to know if this issue is going to be fixed soon, My projects come out so much better with Video Wave 9, but I cannot burn a project completed from Video Wave 9. Which is not what I spent a $100 on a program for.

Please help,

Needing information

5 answers to this question

Just recently purchased Easy Media Creator 9 and have been having no issues with creating a project but once it comes to sending the project to 'MyDVD' or 'MyDVD Express' the issues begin. The production shows up on the title screen as it should, butonce I push Burn, all I can see is the Encoding Preview window, and nothing happens.

I thought this may be an unfixable issue due to it being a user/computer error on my part, so I went out and purchased Easy Media Creator 8. I tried the same thing, and had no problems whatsoever, in fact I sat down and enjoyed my first DVD creation last night. But this was only with Easy Media Creator 8, (MyDVD, and Video Wave 8), not 9.

The issue still arise with MyDVD 9 and I would like to know if this issue is going to be fixed soon, My projects come out so much better with Video Wave 9, but I cannot burn a project completed from Video Wave 9. Which is not what I spent a $100 on a program for.

Please help,

Needing information

So are you saying by "nothing happens" in the burn window, the preview screen is black and the progress bars do not move?

If that's the case, make sure that Directx9 is updated to the latest, and check your video card for driver updates. If they are already current, uninstall your video card driver and then reinstall them. That has helped some with similar issues.

So are you saying by "nothing happens" in the burn window, the preview screen is black and the progress bars do not move?

If that's the case, make sure that Directx9 is updated to the latest, and check your video card for driver updates. If they are already current, uninstall your video card driver and then reinstall them. That has helped some with similar issues.

OKay, I hate to sound like a computer illiterate person, but when it comes to certain things, that is just what I am. I downloaded the most updated DirectX9 program, and yet still have the issue that you nailed right on the button.

So apparently I need to check the video card... Now, this is where I get confused... I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Graphics Card... I see you have a 6200, but the difference shouldn't be that much of a problem, (correct?)... What do I need to do though to get updates? Maybe just a helpful finger point in the right direction could help out, thank you.

OKay, I hate to sound like a computer illiterate person, but when it comes to certain things, that is just what I am. I downloaded the most updated DirectX9 program, and yet still have the issue that you nailed right on the button.

So apparently I need to check the video card... Now, this is where I get confused... I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Graphics Card... I see you have a 6200, but the difference shouldn't be that much of a problem, (correct?)... What do I need to do though to get updates? Maybe just a helpful finger point in the right direction could help out, thank you.

An Nvidia 6100 should be fine. I used to run with an even older model.

You can get the drivers (current ones s/b 91.47) directly at Nvidia's site. Make sure you read the install instructions about uninstalling the old drivers first, turning of anti-virus software, and so on.

An Nvidia 6100 should be fine. I used to run with an even older model.

You can get the drivers (current ones s/b 91.47) directly at Nvidia's site. Make sure you read the install instructions about uninstalling the old drivers first, turning of anti-virus software, and so on.

Issue fixed....

Thank you so much for the help, I feel bad now for spending the extra 100 to get Roxio Creator 8... Thinking it was software isues.....

Thanks again for the help...

Issue fixed....

Thank you so much for the help, I feel bad now for spending the extra 100 to get Roxio Creator 8... Thinking it was software isues.....

Thanks again for the help...

Happy to hear that helped, thanks for letting us know. Have fun with it.

If you can't get the store to take v8 back, maybe you could give it to someone as a gift or sell it.