outerbank

Corel Paintshop Pro X7

Corel is offering the software at a discount. I have Paintshop X4 and has worked sufficiently well. Anyone have experience with the software? Have read that installing the software results in constant pop-up offers from Corel, especially after support lapses.

Haven't really used my PSP X7 Pro much yet but here is some comparisons between each of the versions---

post-135-0-72512900-1417473717_thumb.jpg

post-135-0-34754200-1417473779_thumb.jpg

post-135-0-36228800-1417473905_thumb.jpg

Corel is offering the software at a discount. I have Paintshop X4 and has worked sufficiently well. Anyone have experience with the software? Have read that installing the software results in constant pop-up offers from Corel, especially after support lapses.

I have PS X6 and do not have any pop-ups after 6 month. I do not use it that often except for sometimes using the HDR feature. Where did you read that about the pop-ups?

Saw a reference to it in a review on Amazon website. I have PS X4 and updated the app and then later decided I did not like the later version. After doing the update, the Corel pop-up offers began to appear. Now every time I open up PS X4, there's the Corel offer to purchase their latest software. Clicking on the box that states not to show it again is meaningless. It's a minor disturbance but it is annoying.

Ok, now I know what you mean. I first thought you were talking about pop-ups while running the program.

Those type of popups while launching the program are common for many programs. For Corel there is even a pop-up when shutting down a program. Clicking the box not to show the pop-up again is ignored. This has been a complaint for Corel users for years and Corel just ignores the complaint. As you say it is more of an annoyance then anything else.

One has to wonder why Corel even offers the opportunity to not get the pop up again if they are not going to honor it. That is just plain deception. I'm sorry now that I tried the update. Prior to the update there was no pop up. It's enough to discourage one from buying the new version of PaintShop. I believe I'll continue to research other software in the category.

One has to wonder why Corel even offers the opportunity to not get the pop up again if they are not going to honor it. That is just plain deception. I'm sorry now that I tried the update. Prior to the update there was no pop up. It's enough to discourage one from buying the new version of PaintShop. I believe I'll continue to research other software in the category.

I don't understand your post :wacko::blink: Are you talking about an update or an upgrade? They are two completely different things

Anyway you should be really be asking this question in the Corel PaintShop forums.

I just installed X6 (from NXT 3 Pro) and the pop ups appear at closing...

I have X7, while not on this PC, I don't recall seeing those pop ups but they will likely show up when 'X8' comes out :lol:

My guess is that the 'Don't Show' checkbox was put on their with good intentions which were subsequently overridden by some ego driven manager...