• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rosey

Creator 2010, Video And Photo Program Errors Plus Installation Problem

Question

I use Roxio Creator 2010 in a Windows XP/SP3 pc

I use this software to edit photos, videos, and music. I has been working fine, and never felt any need to upgrade.

(Sorry there is nothing downloaded now, and I don't remember the exact name of the programs, or what the erros said verbatum, but will do my best to explain)

Few weeks ago I started having problems opening Photo suite, and Video Wave. When I tried to open Photo suite it would say there was an error, nd needed to close. Video Wave would say something about problem with the Skin. Everything else was working fine. After trying every thing I could think of, those 2 programs would not work, so I decided to Uninstall/Reinstall.

I used the Roxio Uninstaller, to uninstall the application, and finished with Revo to remove leftover junk. After that I still found a number of files left in Add/Remove Programs. but I could not remove them from there. I then went to Search and looked for Roxio , and found a whole bunch of files there. I removed those manually, leaving just the ones that were saved in My Favorites in IE.

When I bought this software, I also bought a CD. After downloading the software in my computer, i saved the download in my external driver. I have used that download to reinstall many times, When for one reason or another I had to restore or change my computer.

This time, I downloaded the software from my saved download. It downloaded OK, but the photo and video programs still wouldn't work. I uninstalled and installed again, this time from the CD. It downloaded, but the two programs would not work from there either.

I uninstalled again, and reinstalled from my saved files. This time, it would run throgh the first part of the download, at the end it would say, that there had been an error and that the software was not installed. I tried 2 more times with the same result. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Now what you need is a good image editor to repair those included images. ;)

I had a couple of what I thought were black and white photos from 62 years ago. Using a photo editor, I found out they were color images and was able to restore them to almost new condition. I p0layed around with the image of the two women and you can do a lot- I made them botrh black and white and also9 sepia and got rid of some of the lost patches at the bottom of the image. With a good editor and an hour or less, you can do wonders with those photos.

I really would like to play with something like that. It is my hobby. If you wouldn't mine pm me and let me know how to get something like that, and if it would work with W8.1

Thaks

WOW! Those are just fantastic and you must do some work to restore them -_-

post-39730-0-92936200-1428234506_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-05717400-1428234525_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-77482600-1428234542_thumb.jpg

I use Corel's Paintshop Pro but it does come with a learning curve!

Any suggestions for this type of work Steve?

Corel's Paintshop will do what you want (if you got it free) and have the time to learn it.

There are free image editing programs out there. I have use Adobe PhotoShop Elements for several years (version 8) They are up to version 13. I saw 13 on sale for $50. The newest versions just seem to have added networking/album features.

This is less than 20 minutes relearning the program and making some changes. Yes, I cheated, I cut off some of the bottom. I should have kept the original colors rather than changing to B&W.

post-58-0-57254900-1428238029_thumb.jpg

Edited by sknis

This is about 15 minutes with Roxio PhotoSuite. Eventually, that blob below the woman's waistline would mostly disappear. My clicker finger got tired. There is less control of the scratch removal than the other programs. I kept the original color.

post-58-0-25165400-1428239510_thumb.jpg

Anyine ever with "Gimp" free photo editor. It is free but powerful IF you can learn how to use it.

Edited by sknis

I don't see the "After" images with the ones you posted here. There are two images in each file I attached, a Before and an After. Were you able to see the After ones? I thought they were pretty good myself, considering how bad they were. I sent them just to show what I have done with the software I had. If you didn't see the After image, would you check again and let me know if they are not there? I do see them when I go on my own post and click on them. The open fine with MS Word

Thanks

Edited by Rosey

Will try to post diresctly to thread. I have done many of these photos for friends, and I think they are not too bad.

Was trying to put photos here, but I can't get them to show. They go in, but when I post they then don't show. Don't know why. Well, better forget about it.

Edited by Rosey

This is what I wanted to post. It is the same as before, but I use JPG file instead of putting them on a MS Word first. Thank you

post-89606-0-13161300-1428461284_thumb.jpg

post-89606-0-03563400-1428461365_thumb.png

post-89606-0-28567500-1428461385_thumb.jpg

post-89606-0-77332100-1428461425_thumb.jpg

post-89606-0-51705900-1428461456_thumb.jpg

post-89606-0-28200600-1428461471_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rosey