Sign in to follow this  
JohnJoeJ

Toast 11 Dvd Menu

Question

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before. Got married back in August and had two services, one in NYC and one in Ireland. I can put the videos on one disk but is there a way to set up a menu to choose which video to play? It just seems to autoplay and I'd like the user to have a choice.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

You can have Toast "author" a new video DVD that has a menu. Insert the DVD that has the two videos. Choose DVD-video as the format in the Toast Video window. Go to the Toast Media Browser and click the Video tab. There you'll see a choice titled DVD. Click the dropdown triangle and you'll see the two videos that are on that disc. Select and add them to the main Toast window. You'll get a window that gives you the opportunity to trim the videos but you can just click okay to have them appear in the main Toast window. Now you are ready to set up a menu according to the instructions in Toast Help.

I made some dvds to send to my cousin in France but he cannot play them either on MAC or HP. Question 1: can I make a version playable in Europe at the same time I make a version for US. Question 2: Can he tell his machine to adjust for a US dvd?

• Like 1

There should not have been any problem playing the DVDs on the Mac anywhere in the world. Computers don't care if a video DVD is NTSC or PAL.

My brother has had problems with discs burned with Toast that others cannot play. This may be due to the quality of the disc media or the quality of the disc burner. For instance, he can burn discs with one of his disc burners that others can play but not with the other disc burner. I suggest burning another disc using Verbatim media and set the burn speed at 4X.

The only problem sending NTSC video DVDs to Europe is with standalone DVD players that can't play NTSC discs. In Europe it is common for players to accept both PAL and NTSC discs, unlike in the U.S. Toast also can make a PAL disc from NTSC-formatted videos but that shouldn't be necessary for ones played on computers.

Edited by tsantee