Mr. Dan

Video Wave Has Stopped Working In My Dvd

Question

I just bought Creator NXT 2 and attempting to use MyDVD to make a video. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and have Intel i7. I have never had a problem using MyDVD or Videowave before for that matter. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue. Thanks

8 answers to this question

I just bought Creator NXT 2 and attempting to use MyDVD to make a video. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and have Intel i7. I have never had a problem using MyDVD or Videowave before for that matter. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue. Thanks

You have not told us what issue you are having. "Video Wave Has Stopped Working" is like going to a garage and saying "My car doesn't run anymore" You have to supply some information on what you are trying to do and what you are doing.

Also, you claim is was working fine before. So what changes have you made to your system that is causing your problem?

My bad. When I start MyDVD and attempt to add my videos to make a movie it stops right there before I can even choose the video and states Videowave has stopped working and shuts the entire program (MyDVD) down. Nothing I have down has changed in fact my configuration is a clean install. I did also now attempt to repair the Roxio software and nothing has changed. Thanks

What version of Roxio were you using before that worked?

What kind of video are you adding? Can you add the video that worked previously?

Creator 2012 was last version used. mp4, mpeg4 and mkv are all the same formats I have always used and keep in mind it stops working before I choose any videos. I go to add the videos and it stops working before I choose the video.

Edited by Mr. Dan

Sorry to butt in but I would suggest a Repair is a good first step ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Reboot and insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I already tried repairing the software to no avail. I appreciate it though.

But did you follow Jim's post #6 step by step?

Do you run or use a antivirus software that has a registry cleaner?