• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Needed W/ Getting Better Picture Quality When Burning Slideshows

FishDNA

Question

I'm using Toast 11 w/ the Blu Ray plug in. I have exported photo slideshows from iPhoto and burned them in Toast. The photo slideshows in iPhoto have remarkable resolution. However, when I burn the slideshows in Toast and try to play in a table top DVD and Blu-Ray DVD, the picture quality/resolution looks much different than what the slideshow looks like in iPhoto.

Is there a way to preserve that initial picture quality from my iPhoto slideshow so I can view the photo slideshows on my HD television when playing in my DVD or Blu-Ray player?

Any help is most appreciated!

Thx-

2 answers to this question

Well, if you're burning to a DVD disc, and playing it in a DVD player, then you're obviously burning in "Standard Definition," not "Hi-Def." So that means you're image size is 720x480. That is the DVD standard, you can't change it. I'm sure iPhoto (I'm not an Apple person) displays your pictures in much higher resolution.

In order to get "Hi-Def" quality, you'll have to start by selecting a Hi-Def format in Toast. From there, you could burn an AVCHD disc (HD on DVD) or a Blu-Ray disc, both of which must be played in a Blu-Ray player. Then you'll get HD quality images.

Again, I'm not an Apple person, so I can't tell you how to get to the settings you need in Toast, but I'm hoping the above will help you get there.

If you exported a photo slideshow from iPhoto you exported a movie of still images rather than the photos themselves. This lowers the image quality. Then Toast re-encodes the video as part of making the video disc so that also reduces quality. As mentioned above you need to make a HD or Blu-ray disc and play it with a Blu-ray player to maintain reasonable high quality. Otherwise it is standard definition (which is the equivalent of about a half megapixel in photo terminology).

Archived