• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Curtis Orford

No Preview On Software Or On Tv

Question

So I got the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro for Christmas and was pretty stoked to record on my Xbox One. But I've set it all up, software and hardware, and the 'no signal' is in red which means it recognizes the hardware but is getting no signal. But after trawling the internet, I can't find anyone with the same problem. I've tried other HDMI leads, the lot. Also, when I started to wiggle the HDMI IN on the Roxio, I noticed the image changing, and when I pushed it in harder, the image became stronger, although not 100%. I've tried uninstalling the software, and I think it keeps pointing towards a hardware malfunction.

post-122611-0-96168400-1419811708_thumb.png

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

Same issue on my PS4

You do not have the same issue at all. Stick with your own thread

Edited by myguggi

Unless you have a way to fix the issue mind your own business and don't respond to me. Thank You

You're welcome.

Don't butt into other posters threads with a completely different problem. You don't have the same device. Why not stick to your own thread?

Edited by myguggi

He may get banned before he gets it resolved :lol:

Curtis: Your picture shows a red, No Signal'. That means just what it says!

You do not have a valid signal reaching your RGC. But since it is RED it means your RGC is being recognized by the computer and is OK.

But you say you have an HDMI connected yet you have it set to Component and that will never work!!!

Set it to HDMI and make sure you have your gamebox SET for a specific output and not left to Automatic ;)

What is your gamebox anyway?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Xbox One, and yeah, it is set to HDMI 720p, when I go to the options on my laptop it is giving me no option for setting a profile. Also, it was just set to component as I was fiddling about with the settings, it is back on HDMI and still not working.

The only settings that have anything to do with it are the ones ON your Xbox One!

It is more than likely set to Automatic for output and as long as you leave it there is will not work.

Also, on the TV it says out of range, any ideas what is causing that?

When I hold the HDMI in at a certain angle, I get a preview and no visual on the TV, it keeps saying out of range? Are you sure this is not a hardware problem? 100%

Edited by Curtis Orford

And HDCP on your Xbox One MUST be turned off!!!

Roxio also applies HDCP so a Splitter between the Xbox One and Roxio may be needed...

Edited by Jim_Hardin

HDCP is off, so I have to buy a HDMI splitter?... Any pointers for a decent one?

Because I'm getting no image on the TV with the Roxio, but I do when I use either HDMI cable on it's own, the problem must be the Roxio, correct?

Edited by Curtis Orford

NO...

Before throwing money at a possible solution, you would want to try a completely different source.

Use anything you have that has an HDMI or Component output to test your install of the RGC.

But generally, if you have a Red No Signal it indicates all is fine with Roxio ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Got it working just then by pushing both HDMI cables in as hard as possible, tried a third and forth cable, same thing, it is 100% the Roxio! I bought it from Amazon, so shall I contact them for a replacement, or should I contact Roxio?

Edited by Curtis Orford

Got it working just then by pushing both HDMI cables in as hard as possible, tried a third and forth cable, same thing, it is 100% the Roxio! I bought it from Amazon, so shall I contact them for a replacement, or should I contact Roxio?

Contact Amazon. They are very good about returns.