• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Hd Pros Audio Is In Mono And Haves No Base

savinpvtmike

Question

13 answers to this question

Well, listening to the Youtube video you linked to, it's definitely not mono as I could clearly hear left and right sounds. And not knowing what it should sound like, it sounded fine to me.

But, let's start with your connections, are you using component cables or HDMI? Does your game play sound okay while your actually playing it, and if so, what are you using to listen to it? Headphones? Home theater speakers?

If home theater speakers, do you have the bass cranked way up? If so, then that's not representative of the sound coming out of your game unit, and not what is being recorded.

If you're using headphones, do you have any tone control setting changed there, and where are they plugged in?

Well, listening to the Youtube video you linked to, it's definitely not mono as I could clearly hear left and right sounds. And not knowing what it should sound like, it sounded fine to me.

But, let's start with your connections, are you using component cables or HDMI? Does your game play sound okay while your actually playing it, and if so, what are you using to listen to it? Headphones? Home theater speakers?

If home theater speakers, do you have the bass cranked way up? If so, then that's not representative of the sound coming out of your game unit, and not what is being recorded.

If you're using headphones, do you have any tone control setting changed there, and where are they plugged in?

i have an optical audio going to the optical in to my pc and i use my pc headset i here it fine in the roxio preview i here it fine but in the actual video it does not sound right.

no. and i listened to the tv and it sounds fine. even tho i don't update the software every thing is fine in gameplay quality, sound still haves an issue but acceptable then i update to the latest version. then quality in video gets slightly fuzzy component wont got to 720p or 1080i and sound is horrible. to be honest this thing worked great in the first 2 months of having it then after word it started having issues and they are just getting worse.

update=

i just reinstalled and it sounded fin in this video and i stop recording and wait a few and started to record again then the sound went bad like in the first vid

Edited by savinpvtmike

Let's go back one step.

1) As you listen to the sound on the headphones as you play now, does it sound okay?

2) And it sounds okay on the Roxio preview?

3) But on the captured video it sounds "wrong"? (Again, listening to both clips you linked above, they're both definitely in stereo, and sound fine to me, but I have nothing to compare them to.)

You say you reinstalled and it sounded okay for a little while. Did you do an uninstall before the reinstall? Did you also apply the update? In my mind one potential "fix" would be to uninstall first. Then reinstall without the update, because that used to work.

Let's go back one step.

1) As you listen to the sound on the headphones as you play now, does it sound okay?

2) And it sounds okay on the Roxio preview?

3) But on the captured video it sounds "wrong"? (Again, listening to both clips you linked above, they're both definitely in stereo, and sound fine to me, but I have nothing to compare them to.)

You say you reinstalled and it sounded okay for a little while. Did you do an uninstall before the reinstall? Did you also apply the update? In my mind one potential "fix" would be to uninstall first. Then reinstall without the update, because that used to work.

i did all of that now the second video is fine but the first wasn't. i was playing around and i found the issue. the volume control is busted if u turn up the volume it works fine and sounds fine but one u click away from volume control it resets and the sound gos bad. i just recorded a game waer i did not click out of the volume control and it sounded fin in the video.