• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Extract Multiple Segments From Large Video File

EdK

Question

Hello! I hope someone can help me here.

I've searched this forum to see if anyone else had a need to do what I'm looking for but I didn't find anything but then again, I'm not entirely sure what to look for either.

I have a large video file (2 hours long) and I would like to extract specific portions of it by specifying the exact start and stop time of the pieces I wish to keep and I would like to create individual files from each of those pieces.

The only way I know of doing this is by using the Videowave editor and using the "trim" function (one piece at a time) and then create a file by using the "output as" function. However, for each piece I wish to keep I have to load the entire 2 hour long video each time using the "add" function.

Is there a way to simply load the entire 2 hour long video one time and then create some sort of script where I can specify the start/stop time of each clip I want to keep and create a file for each clip?

For example: I wish to extract (by timestamp) 00:02:30 through 00:03:00 and 00:05:10 through 00:05:25 and 01:55:10 through 01:56:13, etc. and at the same time create a new individual video file for each piece. I have more than 50 of these to do.

I hope I explained this properly.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ed

2 answers to this question

I don't know of any way to do that. Please confirm that you have a very old program "Easy Media Creator 10" and not Creator 2010 or even Creator 10 (with 2 letter designation e.g. DE)

I don;t have any of those programs on my compters now but did you look at the "Assistant" I don;t remember the name but it would search the video file to detect scenes. I don;t know if that will help.

Archived