• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

YeRoyalFreshness

Hooking The Hd Pro To A Monitor, Help.

Question

So i recently bought the HD Pro and found out it didnt come with anything i needed, besides the usb to computer cord, that wasent a issue since i have a monitor instead of a tv, so i bought all the items i needed, Component cables, Little accessories that convert a HDMI cable to component, and 2 things for the back of my screen that convert hdmi to DVI then VGA, i got it all setup and it does work, except the fact that i cant see my xbox on the screen, Since i use the same screen for my computer and xbox, it doesnt come up at all except on the Roxio Capture. So does it just not work with the same screen? or are you SOPPOSED to play it on the Roxio Capture cause theres a #$^@ 2 second delay, A'int Nobody got time for that. So please help, if you would like photos, i could send some of the setup.

4 answers to this question

??? nothing can convert HDMI into Component UNLESS it has external power!

Does yours?

With all the adapters it may take some time to sort it out...

To start with are you running HDMI from your Xbox into your RGC?

What does your Monitor require?

What did you have hooked up to it Before you got the RGC?

Ok, post-122697-0-16192300-1420049217_thumb.jpg So the component cables hook into the Roxio HD and then the other part i can plug hdmi into and run the cable to my computer screen, post-122697-0-73541900-1420049220_thumb.jpg on the end of the 2 Converters, is a hdmi that i plug the other into then it converts it into DVI then into VGA. On the other side of the Roxio, i just bought a simple component cable that gamestop sells that just plugs into the back of the xbox.

To prove your various cables and connectors work ok, try connecting directly from the Xbox to your monitor .

If you have Component IN to the RGC you can use either Component Out or HDMI Out :wacko:

There was never any need for that thing that doesn't work anyway... I got one like that and I can assure it does not work!

post-39730-0-20631400-1420069000_thumb.jpg