• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Message: Irql_not_less_or_equal

JC

Question

Ever since I had installed Roxio 8, I have been experiencing the BSOD message following boot up on occasion

IRQ_not_less_or_equal

stop

0x00000000A(0x000000b0), 0x00000002,0x0000000,0x804ef13c

According to microsofts web site this error message deals w/ a driver using the wrong address.

Addition details can be obtained from Microsofts web site at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;293077

The message had appeared after installing Roxio 8. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I still receive the same message. I have not added any new hardware or programs for the exception of a new graphic card around x-mas.. This cannot be the problem because I was receiving the same error message before I had installed a new graphic card. I purchased the program during 10/05- 11/05.

A while back, I had e-mailed Patrick a dump file after posing a similar message and he was going to send this dump file to the programmers of the program. I have never received a reply from the programers. I want to thank Patrick for all his efforts for his attempts.

I just want to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same problems and hopefully someone has a solution.

Again this does not happen all the time, but I am fairly certain it may relate to this program. But when it does, I believe it it has to relate to the problems that I am experiencing w/ this program. Particularily when creating a dvd the orginal file is okay but when it is rendered and placed on a dvd , the picture rolls like a old tv w/ a bad picture.

I'm certain if we all put our heads together we can come up w/ a solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks,

Jeff

9 answers to this question

Thank your for the sugestions.

No, I do use a Kerio Firewall. My firewall protection is from Norton Internet Security 2005

Yes, I do open the case and dust the insides on my computer a few times a year. It was done last month before X-mas. I use one of those air cans to dust.

Keep the suggestions coming. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.................

Thanks so much,

Jeff

There are several more links relating to this at

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

in left column click on 0A IRQ not less\equal to get the relevant part of the main window to show the relevant links.

Was there no file name at the end of the message? Usually it is of the form

Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address <x> has base at <x> - <filename>

The file mame would give a clue as to which driver is causing the problem

I get the same problem.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical INFO

***STOP: 0X0000000A (0X00000018, 0X0000002, 0X00000000, 0X804F3256)

It's only when I try to create a DVD.

If anyone can help PLEASE do, I really like Roxio, but if I can't burn orginal DVD then it may have to go back to the store.

When you say "create" do you mean burn? If so, did you update the drivers for your burner.? I know that you updated the video drivers but I didn't see if you also did the burner.

Also what do you mean by "burn the original DVD". Are you copying a copy protected DVD? Are you using drag to disc?

I get the same problem.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical INFO

***STOP: 0X0000000A (0X00000018, 0X0000002, 0X00000000, 0X804F3256)

It's only when I try to create a DVD.

If anyone can help PLEASE do, I really like Roxio, but if I can't burn orginal DVD then it may have to go back to the store.

Yes, I meant burn. My Cd/DVD Drives have the current firmware update available

No, I don't have drag to disk installed. I don't use it as it is unreliable in my opinion

No, what I am trying to burn is not copy protected.

Check to make sure that your computer fans are running properly and are free of obstructions. I you feel comfortable opening your case, do so carefully and either blow out the insides or vacuum. Sometimes an overheated CPU will cause this problem especially if you are stressing the computer such as doing video rendering.

Ever since I had installed Roxio 8, I have been experiencing the BSOD message following boot up on occasion

IRQ_not_less_or_equal

stop

0x00000000A(0x000000b0), 0x00000002,0x0000000,0x804ef13c

According to microsofts web site this error message deals w/ a driver using the wrong address.

Addition details can be obtained from Microsofts web site at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;293077

The message had appeared after installing Roxio 8. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I still receive the same message. I have not added any new hardware or programs for the exception of a new graphic card around x-mas.. This cannot be the problem because I was receiving the same error message before I had installed a new graphic card. I purchased the program during 10/05- 11/05.

A while back, I had e-mailed Patrick a dump file after posing a similar message and he was going to send this dump file to the programmers of the program. I have never received a reply from the programers. I want to thank Patrick for all his efforts for his attempts.

I just want to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same problems and hopefully someone has a solution.

Again this does not happen all the time, but I am fairly certain it may relate to this program. But when it does, I believe it it has to relate to the problems that I am experiencing w/ this program. Particularily when creating a dvd the orginal file is okay but when it is rendered and placed on a dvd , the picture rolls like a old tv w/ a bad picture.

I'm certain if we all put our heads together we can come up w/ a solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks,

Jeff

Archived