• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Capture Wii U Game Footage

DolphinSquared

Question

Hey, I am a new customer of the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. I'm here to seek assistance about capture problems I have had recently.

Before I start, I would like to bring up the specs of all the software and hardware related to this issue.

Laptop

HP Pavilion dv6144vvt

8GB DDR3

Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz

Intel HD Graphics Family/Radeon HD 6490M

Roxio Game Capture Service Pack 2

I've been trying to get my Roxio Game Capture Pro HD to work, but so far I've been unsuccessful. The software and the device are fine when just previewing (not recording) my Wii U footage, but when I try to record the software either hangs, or auto-disconnect the software causing it to stop recording and leave a 1-second file on the output folder.

I found a workaround where I can record using the pre-roll feature. While it seems to work, a single 13-minute recording got cut off, leaving a 9 min 58 video.

I know a lot of you are not gamers, but if there's someone here that is and uses Roxio's products, please assist me in trying to figure out what's going on. Who knows, maybe I would only be able to use it outside of the Game Capture software, or it's just my laptop that's getting too old to even capture video at 1000-6000kbps.

I hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible. It has been bugging me as soon as I plugged in the software and I want to resolve it as soon as possible.

5 answers to this question

How are you hooked up to the Wii?

What are the Output Settings on the Wii?

Have you tried a completely different source as a test? - DVD or BD Player?

Note that this is the Wii U, so HDMI cable is the only source of input. I have set the resolution to 1080p on both the Roxio Game Capture Pro HD and the Wii U.

And no, I have yet to perform a similar test on my old Wii console.

Archived