Roxio Capture Card To Xbox 360

harky3

Question

I purchased the Roxio Capture Card for my son for Christmas, but I am having trouble getting it set up. I think I have the wrong 360 composite cable (think this is for a different xbox?) - see screen grab (cable.jpg) as the end in the pic 'cablewhichdoesntfitinxbox.jpg' doesn't go in to the xbox as there is no socket.

I think everything else is correct, so do I need a different cable, or is there a convertor you can buy to allow this to fit?

Please see images below (bearing in mind, I have no idea what I am doing!)

Help! Thanks in advance!

Ian.

post-122894-0-40453400-1420635411_thumb.jpg

post-122894-0-72261900-1420635413_thumb.jpg

post-122894-0-89710100-1420635414_thumb.jpg

post-122894-0-42699800-1420635416_thumb.jpg

post-122894-0-45058500-1420635418_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

Nice pictures!

I am guessing that the Top picture is your TV and those look like the Component cables that are hooked to the Output side of the RGC (bottom pic - right)?

I would think that the Xbox Component cable you show is the one you want? But the picture of your Xbox does not show a place to plug it :o

Were it mine, I would get myself to a Game Shop that sells this stuff and ask them what you need to connect Component to an Xbox 360!

Take the Picture of your Xbox with you ;)

Let us know what you find!

Thats exactly my problem! Everything seems to go somewhere with just one piece missing, i.e. the large socket has nowhere on the xbox to go - I am hoping everything else is correct! I think you are right, the best thing may be to head to a shop which might be able to help! So frustrating, especially for my son, who was wanting to get recording on Christmas Day! Thanks anyway, will let you know if I find anything else out.

Ok, will take a look for it - think the packaging may have been thrown away in the Xmas furore!

So, if I purchased the HD version (link to follow), would I still need another cable to connect it to my Xbox 360E? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roxio-Game-Capture-Pro-Xbox/dp/B008YAPSE6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1420643097&sr=1-1&keywords=Roxio

Or, alternatively, we do have an Xbox One and PS3 as well, could the existing (non HD) one work with that?

I have found the packaging, and am returning the item to swap for the other version. I know this is a big ask, but could you send me the links to the things I need to get this working for my son given the pics I posted? I guess its the HD card, and a new cable - if you can send me the links, I'll get it ordered. Thanks in advance (sorry for being thick!!)

Just as Tony outlined, an Xbox only requires an HDMI.

Likewise your TV will hook up with an HDMI as well. This is a must because have HDMI input to your RGC HD Pro, you have to use HDMI for the output ;)

(it has Component output but it will not work when using HDMI input)

And make sure you are getting a Roxio Game Capture HD PRO LINK

Archived