• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Saving Mydvd Projects

BogeyGolfer

Question

Just upgraded to, and registered Creator 3 NXT. Trying to create slideshows on DVDs using MYDVD. When saving the project, the only option is a ".dmsd" file type. When trying to open a saved project the only file types are ".rox, .Roxio". The only way I can get to my saved DVD project is to open windows explorer and double click the ".dmsd" file that I saved it to. Feel a bit like Mickey the Dunce here as I'm sure this is an "operator error".

3 answers to this question

Just upgraded to, and registered Creator 3 NXT. Trying to create slideshows on DVDs using MYDVD. When saving the project, the only option is a ".dmsd" file type. When trying to open a saved project the only file types are ".rox, .Roxio". The only way I can get to my saved DVD project is to open windows explorer and double click the ".dmsd" file that I saved it to. Feel a bit like Mickey the Dunce here as I'm sure this is an "operator error".

Those files are just roadmaps to what you told the program to do. You must output those files to either a video file or, in your case, to a disc. Use the file burn to disc option or the control to the bottom right. Never use fit to disc. Use best quality, create an ISo and then burn that to a disc.

In the future, create your slide show in "Edit Video- Advanced" aka Video Wave. You can then use MyDVD to burn the DVD with one or more slide shows on it.

You are trying to open your myDVD project from the NXT 3 home page which is not possible. I don't know what kind of projects are defined by .rox or .roxio since I never use the Home page.

dmsd projects can only be opened by myDVD.

From the homepage select Create DVDs and the from the menu bar select File and then Open. You should now be able to find and select your dmsd project file to load you project.

As sknis said, most of us prefer to use Videowave yo create the slideshows and only use myDVD to authour the DVD

Thanks, I WAS trying to open the project from the "Home Page". Clicking on "Create DVD" opens MYDVD and yes, I can open my previously saved project from there. And just to confirm my "newbie" status, I noticed that the "Create New Disk Type" dialog box has a button to "Open Last Project". (Knew it had to be "operator error".) FWIW, I'm burning several slideshows on separate disks that my wife created at a local CVS onto one DVD with menu / buttons. It's working pretty slick. Thanks for your help.

Archived