• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

OzGator

Error Writing Image To Hard Drive - Nxt3

Question

I am getting "Error writing image to hard drive, make sure you have at least 2.7GB of free space..". I have looked at previous posts on this bug in the software, and can already tell you I have at least 50GB of free space on every drive, about 4TB of free space on the PC, yes I have emptied recycle bin, defraged, run checkdisk for errors, etc. There is some bug in the software on this where it is trying to write to some odd location it should not be. I cannot locate a setting to even point to a fast place to cache (I have to Solid State Drives available in addition to normal SATA ones). System is Windows 8.1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 64 bit. I have been able to copy many DVDs but about every 4-5 it hangs up with this error. No, the DVDs are not copy-protected; they are ones I made with Creator from my video. The DVDs play fine, indicating no error reading, this is some cache problem. Any thoughts?

2 answers to this question

The "bug" is your system in the settings for the Temp area it is using combined with Roxio not clearing the cache there ;)

You need to Clear the cache - in MyDVD it is under Tools - Options - Clear Cache.

In Video Copy and Convert - there is an Options button on the interface that will at least tell you WHERE the cache is but you need to manually clear it.

See what that does for you and let us know -_-

I would suggest a Temp clean below.

Shut down all programs, do a %temp% in the search box, double click the temp folder, click edit at the top, click select all, click file, click delete. A few may not delete.

post-97-0-00239400-1421023404_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-38304100-1421023403_thumb.jpg