• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ray Darrell

Easy Vhs To Dvd 3 Plus

When I first purchased this software it worked perfectly well every single time I used it but now it refuses to detect a signal. Everything is set up exactly as it should be. I have tried all of the usual things by disconnecting the USB/video & sound cable and then reconnecting. I have also tried playing a tape for in excess of 30 seconds to allow a signal to be detected. I have also un-installed and re-installed the software but it still refuses to work. I have also requested software updates but I'm told that none exist.

Has anyone got some good advice please?

With the Roxio USB Device plugged in open device manager expand sound video and game controllers. Take a screen shot of what it shows and post attach the .jpg file here.

The device settings do not show the two Roxio installations. I have also upgraded a patch today but still not video signal. I carried out a system restore to the date when last everything worked but nothing. I have restarted the computer several times but nothing.

The device settings do not show the two Roxio installations. I have also upgraded a patch today but still not video signal. I carried out a system restore to the date when last everything worked but nothing. I have restarted the computer several times but nothing.

When you look in Device Manager is the Roxio USB Capture Device plugged in?

Have you tried a different USB connection one on the rear of the PC?

Here is what we need showing in Device Manager under Sound Video and Game Controllers.

post-97-0-60318500-1420986907_thumb.jpg

I have tried more than one other USB port but still nothing. In device manager neither of the two items you have arrowed appear there. I am fairly knowledgeable on most things computer-wise but this has got me completely baffled.

Because I have important VHS footage to transfer onto computer then I have been left with no choice but to connect my VHS player into the DVD recorder, burn a DVD of all taped footage and then play in on one of the DVD drives of my computer and extract the information that way. It is very time consuming although I do still get good end results.

If I cannot solve the Roxio VHS to DVD problem within the next few hours then I will be forced to purchase a different brand of software in order to carry out this task. I have loads of tapes to transfer and need a system that will reliably work for me.

All help much appreciatede.

Ray something is hosing your Roxio installation then!

Remove the Roxio USB Device from the PC.

Turn off all running programs especially antivirus and firewall programs and put the V2D3P disc in a drive and run it, choose repair when offered.

When done reboot the PC, when up and running after reboot plugin the Roxio USB Device.

Did that re-install the drivers in device manager?

What are the problem devices showing under other devices?

What is the USB audio device showing under Sound Video and Game Controllers?

Well my friend, in answer to your questions I am attaching another screenshot where I have expanded both so that you can see for yourself just what is showing!

post-122937-0-02053400-1421006687_thumb.png

Well my friend, in answer to your questions I am attaching another screenshot where I have expanded both so that you can see for yourself just what is showing!

You posted that screen shot twice post #8 and post #10

Now will you answer the questions I posted in post #9?

What are the problem devices showing under other devices?

What is the USB audio device showing under Sound Video and Game Controllers?

I am sorry about posting something more than once but I have been unwell since Christmas with a stomach virus and possibly pressed a key accidentally.

You asked me to let you know what is showing under Other Devices and Sound Video & Game Controllers. The screenshot does show these as I opened them up for you to see.

This is not meant to be unkind in any way but I am starting to feel that the topic is slowing getting into argumentative territory and none of us wants that as forums should be kept simple and friendly.

I assure you that there are definitely no hard feelings and I'd like to thank you for offering all of the wonderful advice that you have given which is more than appreciated.

This morning I will purchase a different brand of software.

Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice.

You can't throw software at it to fix your problem :huh:

The capture device works with Roxio Software but not with other brands...

Likewise when you have 3 devices showing in your Device Manager with problems and your Roxio Capture USB device is NOT showing properly, we get concerned ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Let's not ignore that the capture device may simply have failed.

Possible but right up there with being hit by a meteor :lol:

I am sorry about posting something more than once but I have been unwell since Christmas with a stomach virus and possibly pressed a key accidentally.

You asked me to let you know what is showing under Other Devices and Sound Video & Game Controllers. The screenshot does show these as I opened them up for you to see.

This is not meant to be unkind in any way but I am starting to feel that the topic is slowing getting into argumentative territory and none of us wants that as forums should be kept simple and friendly.

I assure you that there are definitely no hard feelings and I'd like to thank you for offering all of the wonderful advice that you have given which is more than appreciated.

This morning I will purchase a different brand of software.

Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice.

Until you clear up the problems in your system, getting other software (which will most likely not work with the Roxio device) is just wasting money.

In your first post you state that everything worked perfectly and now you are having problems. That shows that there is nothing wrong with the software and something has happened to your system which is also indicated by the warning icons for "Other devices"

Ray, can you try this simple test? Boot up your system without the capture device plugged in. Once your system is up, plug something like a thumb drive into your USB port. Does Windows make the "USB connected sound" and recognize the thumb drive? If so, eject and unplug the thumb drive. Now plug in the Easy VHS to DVD capture device into the same port. Do you also get the "USB Connected sound" from Windows? If not, I would think that would be an indication that the device may be bad.

Do you have a different PC available? Maybe a friends PC? Try the same test there. Even if you don't have the drivers loaded on that system, Windows should still recognize that the capture device has been plugged in and try to find drivers for it. There should be some "sign of life". If there aren't, I'd say you have a hardware problem.

Let us know.

Edited by d_deweywright

Along d_deweywright thinking, when the Roxio USB Device is plugged into the PC does it feel warm to the touch after five minutes?

Hello Maybe we can help each other. I am fighting a similar problem although my specifics are different. Early on, you mentioned a patch. Can you tell me more about that, specifically where to find it.

As for your problem, I would recommend that you double click on those other device icons, select the Drivers tab and Uninstall them all.Next under the sound and video section, do the same for any of those you don't recognize. The ones that say Legacy... would seem to be the most problematic. After uninstalling these unplug the USB video capture device and restart your computer. Windows will try to reinstall the drivers for the valid devices. Check the device manager again and see if the other devices are still listed.If so you should start looking for a BIOS or chipset update for your computer. I would start at the manufacturers website (HP, DELL, etc). If all looks good (no yellow icons) then run the repair function from the installation cd; plug in the USB video capture device and see if you see the Roxio drivers in the Device Manager. I'd be interested in hearing the results