• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

My church is wanting an easy way to make a DVD from a video/audio feed. The video comes from a Sony D90PTZ camera and uses an Svideo out (could use regular VGA out as well). The audio comes via a L/R RCA cord from our main soundboard at the moment but would prefer other options.

Tried a Startech USBSVID2USB3 but have issues with Windows 8 sound lag and huge file sizes.

Have used Roxio in the past and like them. What current product(s), both hardware and software, would work in my windows 8 environment?

5 answers to this question

Although I think it is overpriced you could try the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD product. You can find information on the Roxio.com website.

JO

My church is wanting an easy way to make a DVD from a video/audio feed. The video comes from a Sony D90PTZ camera and uses an Svideo out (could use regular VGA out as well). The audio comes via a L/R RCA cord from our main soundboard at the moment but would prefer other options.

Tried a Startech USBSVID2USB3 but have issues with Windows 8 sound lag and huge file sizes.

Have used Roxio in the past and like them. What current product(s), both hardware and software, would work in my windows 8 environment?

A full Roxio suite NXT3 or NXT3 Pro along with the Roxio USB Capture Device here, http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/device/requirements.html

Are both products fully compatible with windows 8?

Yes, read the features carefully for both products before making a purchase.

V2D3Plus includes the Roxio USB Device, the full NXT3 does not.

The Advantage of the Full Suite with the Video Capture USB device added on is that you will have a Full Power Editor.

The EVD3 Pro package is a great simple capture/edit/output solution. But the "Editor" part is limited to clumsy splits & trims and each 'split' results in a separate Menu Button if you output to a DVD :huh: