• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Add Files

MichelleMC

Question

I just downloaded Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning yesterday, verson 14. 0.49.2. I have Windows 8, so of course no DVD Maker and I have been trying to find a way to make DVDs of my home videos.

Roxio will not open the original files from my video camera. It says, "Add Movie operation failed. Media file is not editable."

I also tried the video files that I already edited in movie maker, which I combined and captioned. They were wmv files which I saved as a high definition movie but I get the error, "The file you are tryhing to use cannot be edited, and has not been added."

I will also add that yes, my camera came with a program, but it will not allow me to add captions, which I would really like to do. So I have spent many hours in frustration trying to figure this out and hoping to find an answer here. What it seems to come down to is how can I save my videos in movie maker to be compatible with Roxio?

6 answers to this question

FIRST are you sure that your issue actually fits the limitations I listed? The info you provided is pretty sketchy...

If you are willing to go with the SD versions of everything you could use a 3rd Party Converter to place those files into a format that is acceptable to the Red Box limitation...

The Drawback to that 'solution' is that unless you keep the HD stuff you can not render up to HD later without large quality losses.

I just did a search for WMM & Win 8 and came up with this - LINK

Archived