• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Nothing Is Displayed On The Screen!

miranda_network

When I Turn on my Dell Dimension 8300 (Came w/ Windows ME; now w/ WinXP), nothing is shown on the screen. I tried another graphics card, but no luck. The CD Drives seem to work, and the system powers on, and seems to be ok. I'm not computer iliterate, I can open the computer, and work on it, etc. I just never seen anything like this. The Hard Drive Spins and has power going to it. My friend has it at his house and couldn't get it to work. He owns 3 Dell PowerEdges and is experienced w/ Dell Computers. He is going to ask his friends for Ideas, but I just thought I could ask here. Help will be appreciated!!! Thanks! :)

When I Turn on my Dell Dimension 8300 (Came w/ Windows ME; now w/ WinXP), nothing is shown on the screen. I tried another graphics card, but no luck. The CD Drives seem to work, and the system powers on, and seems to be ok. I'm not computer iliterate, I can open the computer, and work on it, etc. I just never seen anything like this. The Hard Drive Spins and has power going to it. My friend has it at his house and couldn't get it to work. He owns 3 Dell PowerEdges and is experienced w/ Dell Computers. He is going to ask his friends for Ideas, but I just thought I could ask here. Help will be appreciated!!! Thanks! :)

Has it been tried with another monitor?

I just had a dead graphics card. I don't know why it didn't work before... :)

I am unclear as to what your post means. Did a beep code tell you that your graphics card was dead? If it did, and you then started testing other graphics cards in the slot, and the computer still would not boot up, it is highly likely that the AGP slot is fried.

Guest mlpasley
I just had a dead graphics card. I don't know why it didn't work before... :)

Perhaps the card just wasn't plugged in correctly.

You've got it working now, right?

Archived