• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
miranda_network

Nothing Is Displayed On The Screen!

When I Turn on my Dell Dimension 8300 (Came w/ Windows ME; now w/ WinXP), nothing is shown on the screen. I tried another graphics card, but no luck. The CD Drives seem to work, and the system powers on, and seems to be ok. I'm not computer iliterate, I can open the computer, and work on it, etc. I just never seen anything like this. The Hard Drive Spins and has power going to it. My friend has it at his house and couldn't get it to work. He owns 3 Dell PowerEdges and is experienced w/ Dell Computers. He is going to ask his friends for Ideas, but I just thought I could ask here. Help will be appreciated!!! Thanks! :)

Edited by miranda_network

When I Turn on my Dell Dimension 8300 (Came w/ Windows ME; now w/ WinXP), nothing is shown on the screen. I tried another graphics card, but no luck. The CD Drives seem to work, and the system powers on, and seems to be ok. I'm not computer iliterate, I can open the computer, and work on it, etc. I just never seen anything like this. The Hard Drive Spins and has power going to it. My friend has it at his house and couldn't get it to work. He owns 3 Dell PowerEdges and is experienced w/ Dell Computers. He is going to ask his friends for Ideas, but I just thought I could ask here. Help will be appreciated!!! Thanks! :)

Has it been tried with another monitor?

Yup, All monitors I own.

Any beep codes when you try to boot up? Is the card in the Dell an AGP card? It is possible the slot is fried, but I will suggest other things. I haven't got the time right now, but will drop back in the morning.

Any beep codes when you try to boot up? Is the card in the Dell an AGP card? It is possible the slot is fried, but I will suggest other things. I haven't got the time right now, but will drop back in the morning.

I just had a dead graphics card. I don't know why it didn't work before... :)

I am unclear as to what your post means. Did a beep code tell you that your graphics card was dead? If it did, and you then started testing other graphics cards in the slot, and the computer still would not boot up, it is highly likely that the AGP slot is fried.

Guest mlpasley

Perhaps the card just wasn't plugged in correctly.

You've got it working now, right?

Perhaps the card just wasn't plugged in correctly.

You've got it working now, right?

That is what I am hoping, ml. A rather cryptic post, so we will have to wait. When I see the part where another video card was tried, and it didn't work, it makes me wonder.