romad

Feature Comparison Toast Titanium 10 Vs. Toast Titanium 12?

Question

Where can I find this? I did not get Toast Titanium 11 because it was not that different from 10 (it was basically just an update for newer Mac OS versions). Is 12 the same. being just a version that adds support for Mac OS 10.10?

4 answers to this question

The features are pretty much the same but Toast was completely rewritten using the Cocoa framework instead of the previous Carbon. One sad side-effect is that discs burn more slowly now. The DVD and Blu-ray menu styles are different and Toast 12 uses a different Blu-ray plugin than 10. Toast 12 has a different video editing method (dropping El Gato's video player for their own video player). Toast 12 no longer includes the bundled TiVo apps or any other app for that matter other than DiskCatalogMaker RE and their new Live Screen Capture.

My recommendation is to upgrade if you find something you need isn't working in Toast 10 or you get a good deal on price.

Hmmm, sounds like Roxio has pretty much gutted it.

My primary usage is disc burning (copying, making data discs, etc., and CD Spin Doctor for cleaning up vinyl/tape conversions.

Thanks for saving me $$$!

Bump...

I was having a problem with Toast v10 crashing trying to Burn AVC files from the Sony Action cam. But it turns out after uninstalling persian i was able to burn the files i needed to. I am thinking of upgrade to the v12 so the problem would not recur.

Just quick work flow explanation... We take the files right off the Action cam and drop them into Toast to encode for a DVD with no menu, and use the Toast magic to also burn the original HD MP4 files on the same disc.

Since I have fixed my problem and have a simple workflow... Is there another reason to upgrade?

Bump...

I was having a problem with Toast v10 crashing trying to Burn AVC files from the Sony Action cam. But it turns out after uninstalling persian i was able to burn the files i needed to. I am thinking of upgrade to the v12 so the problem would not recur.

Just quick work flow explanation... We take the files right off the Action cam and drop them into Toast to encode for a DVD with no menu, and use the Toast magic to also burn the original HD MP4 files on the same disc.

Since I have fixed my problem and have a simple workflow... Is there another reason to upgrade?

If Toast 10 is working well for you I don't see any reason to upgrade. If you are on the Roxio email list they sometimes offer good discounts and Toast has been included in some discount bundles in the past. So you might keep your eyes open for that. You won't need to delete Toast 10 if you buy and install Toast 12, so the only risk is you spending money you didn't need to spend.

• Like 1