• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

High Quality Burn

Videocassions

Question

Howdy, i have been trying every which way to have a high quality DVD for a client i did a wedding for. I am losing to much quality in the compression i think. I have a H,246 1920x1080 file. It plays perfectly in the original file. As soon as i toast it, it looses quality if i use DVD format.....and quality is there but playback is laggy or slow or something if i use the HD DVD setting.

Is it something i can change in toast - frame rates...bit rates etc. i feel like i have tried everything!!

1 answer to this question

You're making a video DVD. By definition, a video DVD is 720x480 frame size, standard definition. That's the definition of a video DVD.

You can make an AVCHD DVD, which is HD resolution on a DVD disc, but it can only be played back using a BluRay player, and you can only fit about 40 minutes of video onto a single layer disc.

You're obviously looking for an HD solution, which would be either an AVCHD DVD disc, or if you have a BluRay burner, then you'd want to actually create a BluRay disc, but again, you're limited to playback using a BR player.

Hope that helps.

Archived