• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Video Signal Today -- Worked Last Month

ctopkis

Question

Hello, This is a PC problem but I am hoping someone has been able to solve this. I am running an HP Windows 8.1 Computer w/AMD Quad processor and 8G of Ram. I also have 3TB of hard drive space. This ran perfectly as late as December 28, 2014 but yesterday I the No Video Signal message. I have repaired uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled drivers, changed USB ports, changed cables, and tried multiple VHS players. I know it is a PC issue because it works on m Wows 8.1 laptop. The drivers appear to be properly installed, at least the device manager says they are. I even did a system restore and that did not help either. When unplugging the usb device on a couple of occasions I did received an unhandled exception message which told me that something was attempting to write to protected memory. I sent this off to Corel support to see if they could make something of it. The details of the message are attached but above my skill level.

I am not a PC expert but I'm not a novice ether. I have seen some other posts that talk about this issue but have not seen any resolution. Has anyone experienced and solved this issue? Thank you

Chas

Roxio.txt

5 answers to this question

Have you tried hooking it up to something else or hooking it up in a different way?

Most likely it doesn't have anything to do with your PC... Although the 'unhandled exception' message should not be seen...

Let's start with a proper repair!

Plug in the device and go into your Device Manager. First thing there is to make sure you do not have ANY warning icons showing for ANYTHING!

If there are FIX them.

If not, 'uninstall' both entries for Roxio Video Capture. (right click them and choose uninstall)

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

This way we will KNOW everything is installed correctly and hopefully it will work otherwise we can move forward ;)

Thank you very much, I picked up the use of Revo from a previous post of yours. I was not aware of that software. Everything you have listed, I have done. I just think that there is something in my PC blocking the proper operation of the device and I just need to locate what it is. I'll keep searching. Thank you.

Archived