• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
alyn

Application Error

Question

Roxio Creator NXT Pro3 on windows7. From the home menu when I try to use "create dvd's" or "edit video-advanced", I get the following pop-up window: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close application." Installed this software on 1/9/15 and have used both these applications previously just seeing what it does. This same thing happened when using my previous version, creator 2010, and after several months Roxio told me the reason this was happening was because creator 2010 was not compatible with windows 7. About the only thing I could do with 2010 was labels. When I purchased the new software, I didn't purchase the upgrade - rather I purchased the complete new program and took the old one off my computer. Just thinking that I would start new. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

12 answers to this question

Repair!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Went thru all instructions as you indicated. However, it's still showing the same application error window when I try to use those two applications. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Just checking Roxio knowledge base and response was that this error message doesn't exist.

Also trying to get support from Roxio before my 30 days to return expires and I'm instructed to enter a "support code", which they say is on my email verifying my order. Nothing but an order number which is unacceptable. What in the world has happened to Roxio. I've always used them & problems & solutions just seem to get worse with every upgrade. So discouraged. But thank you for your help.

• Like 1

Check your e-mail spam folders for the message from Roxio/Corel.

Oh, by the way, please run the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer and attach the text file to your reply. Follow these instructions exactly (link).

Edited by sknis

9:48am - checked regular email & also spam - no message from Roxio/Corel.

Followed your instructions and am attaching text file.

Thank you for your help.

DxDiag.txt

That original error (bunch of zeros followed by a 5) MAY be due to a Windows update problem. Read this (link) Make changes at your own peril or get help.

Also. update the drivers for both your graphic processing unit and your audio device. I don;t know if MSI has a web site where you can do that directly or not.

Completed all the updates you suggested, I think. Anyway the updates seemed to process correctly. Still getting the same error message :wacko: . By the time I get a tech to check for possible computer problems, the time allotted from Roxio for refund will have expired. So I guess I've paid 100 + dollars to make labels & copy a cd !!! Something I can do free using other programs that I already have !!! Very frustrating. However, I do appreciate all your suggestions. If you know of anything else I can try, please let me know. Thanks again.

Let's clean up and start fresh ^_^

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...

(Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc and Install.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Thank you all for your help. I had my tech check my computer and it was a problem with my computer. Roxio seems to be working ok now. I'm sure I will have more help questions as I continue to learn how to use the software. Thanks again for your help.