CGooden

Vhs To Dvd Plus 3 Hangs On Startup

Question

Purchased a copy of the software today to convert some VHS tapes of our kids when they were young. The software appeared to install Ok, but after a reboot all I see in the title window and the mouse cursor becomes a spinning circle, see attached image.

I tried using the windows control panel to fix the installation thinking a file became corrupted.

I uninstalled the software and rebooted, turned off my antivirus, firewall and registry cleaner as suggested in another post and attempted to reinstall with the same issue. Using Norton for antivirus.

Also downloaded the free trial of Revo to uninstall all traces of the software, and again attempted to reinstall with the same issue.

Ran dxdiag a attached the output.

The sound editor, and Express DVD label program that is included with the software appear to open fine.

If I plug in the dongle, the PC does recognize it as qty 2 - Roxie Video capture USB devices.

I am not sure what else I can do except return it to the store and see if they exchange it or give me back my money.

Any help, or suggestions would be appreciated

post-123326-0-74525400-1422148482_thumb.png

DxDiag.txt

4 answers to this question

Did you edit the dxdiag.exe text file? Why? I don't think I ever saw one with all that information missing.

I see where you has run the dxdiag previously and it failed. What happened there?

Are you running on battery power? Change your power setting to full and not balanced. You'll need all the power to run the USB device properly.

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

DxDiag was taking a very long time, so exited it and ran I again later in the day. It popped up a window that said something about skipping DxShow. I did edit the file but I only hanged my machine name (5 line)

Ran Dxiag again this morning (32 bi version and 64 bit version) Both are attached. The Roxio software is NOT installed at this point.

DxDiag_Jan25.txt

DxDiag_Jan25_64Bit.txt

I am attempting to install the software on my desktop so it's not a power problem. I had the USB device plugged into the USB ports on the motherboard on the back of my PC, not the front panel connectors.

Attempted to reinstall the software this morning and to my surprise it installed successfully. Have no idea why it did not work the other dozen times I tried to install it though.