• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Erca

Imac Doesn't Have Cd Drive/download Software?

Question

I have an iMAC that is about a year old. I purchased the easy VHS to DVD at a store and thought I could find a downloadable version of the software online, but now I see there is very little customer support available. Is a download available or should I return the product to the store! I have a pile of VHS home movies to convert and was looking for an EASY solution! Thanks.

3 answers to this question

If you want to make DVDs from the video captures you can download the app that's posted on Roxio's software updates page. It captures in MPEG 2 format which is what is used for video DVDs. The app included on the disc captures in MPEG 4 h.264 format (when using the always-recommended medium-quality setting) which is good for editing, playing on a computer and sharing. Apple provides some kind of tool for sharing an optical drive from another computer or you can use a friend's computer to upload the app from the disc to Dropbox or something.

Digital Guru, not sure if you work for Roxio, but I have the same problem as listed above and the Roxio position is really poor. Why can't the software just be made available for download. I have already spent a significant amount of time trying to find somebody with a Mac CD drive, but no luck. So I'm stuck!

What I'm hearing is don't use the software you have just purchased, use an alternative freeware.

Why can't the software just be made available to download?

Digital Guru, not sure if you work for Roxio, but I have the same problem as listed above and the Roxio position is really poor. Why can't the software just be made available for download. I have already spent a significant amount of time trying to find somebody with a Mac CD drive, but no luck. So I'm stuck!

What I'm hearing is don't use the software you have just purchased, use an alternative freeware.

Why can't the software just be made available to download?

I have asked Roxio to do this many times. I don't know why they haven't. The application can only be used with their USB device so it isn't something that anyone else can use. Check for a private message soon.