hexe

Pal Vhs Tape

Question

How do I transfer a PAL VHS tape with Roxio VHS Easy transfer to DVD. I have a VCR which only handles NTSC VHS tapes.

Does a converter like this at Amazon work?

TV Video System Converter PAL to NTSC For All Video Systems

http://www.amazon.ca/Mini-White-CVBS-Composite-Converter/dp/B00AXEVM8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422309493&sr=8-1&keywords=pal+converter

Edited by hexe

4 answers to this question

You will need a VHS VCR that can actually play back the PAL VHS video tape that you have. Then you can feed that into your Roxio device. The VHS2DVD device/version reads PAL and NTSC. I have no idea what a PAL VHS VCR will cost. If you only have one tape and don't expect getting any more then you might want to just ship the tape off to a place that does this type of conversion, Again, I have no idea what that would cost.

See if any of your neighbors/relatives/co-workers/friends have one that you could borrow, ask them if they can ask around.

I live in a small rural town and my Dutch neighbor has one, you never know till you ask around.

Good luck.

Edited by ogdens

I just bought through E-Bay a Samsung VCR V6700. The seller said it will play PAL VHS tapes. I cannot get a transfer going using Roxio. Is there any side I can look up if this VCR actually is playing PAL tapes or maybe my setup with Roxio is missing something. Any advice appreciated very much.

Thank you

I think you live in Canada (Ottawa ??) which means that the video system used is NTSC and so most likely the VCR plays NTSC. Have you hooked up the VCR to a TV and played NTSC or PAL tapes?

I did not have any luck with a manual or a Good picture of this beast :lol:

In this picture you can see the SCART connectors and I believe the White, Red, Yellow RCA's at the left are for output...

post-39730-0-04964100-1422704515_thumb.jpg

If that is the case, that is where you connect to your Roxio Capture USB... If you have the manual, see if there is any setting to direct the Tape output to Composite?