• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

out of harms way

Videowave Native Audio On .mpg Files

Hi, Having got used to the many problems with Creator NXT by re-trying, re-booting etc. I've got one now that appears to be permanent - inserting .mpg files into Videowave and the native track not always playing. Newly created .mpg files have the problem and most, but not all of my old .mpg files play ok. I've carried out several tests to try to determine where the problem is, but I think this is probably the most interesting - starting with a Videowave production which plays ok - create .mpg file via Export icon - this plays ok via preview - insert this .mpg file into new Videowave - native audio track envelope shows a flat waveform, but surprisingly it plays ok - save the Videowave production and re-open it - native audio track will no longer play!!! If I "replace panel" with the same .mpg file the audio still does not play. If I start again from the original Videowave production the results are always the same - the native audio plays until I save. A workaround is to extract the audio and use this in the music track, BUT I then have a similar issue when creating the .iso file, which I am still investigating. These problems are with a Windows 8 desktop, but I have the same NXT program running on a Windows 7 laptop on which I do not have this problem. Is it my desktop? I've been using Roxio since EMC9 and not come across this problem before. Any clues anyone?

I would think that your Videowave has become corrupt. Do you have the same problem when using the VW in myDVD?

If it was a bug in Videowave it would have been reported long ago.

Have you tried a repair of NXT?

Hi, apologies - only just seen your reply - did not get email notification - I'm sure I used to! Anyway, many thanks. I've tried a re-install to no effect, and now I have a similar issue with MyDVD. I create a movie using an MPEG file with menu but preview will not play movie audio (menu audio is ok). However, if I then create .iso file this plays ok!! This problem has started only recently. I can't think what I might have done to cause it. I love the features in Roxio programs - it's just a pity they are plagued with so many problems (have been for years!!). Cheers Dave

I have "heard" of this but did not keep a note on a fix :wacko:

Hoping someone with better memory will chime in here!

Or I would suggest running the original file through a converter, like one of these then try it.

AVS4YOU Converter:

AVS

Any Video Converter

HERE

Hi Digital Guru,

I have at last got round to trying out your suggestion.

I converted my .mpg files to .mp4 using Freemake Video Converter (a program I have used several times before), and BINGO – it had the desired result.

I got audio on the preview of MyDVD and also audio on the videowave when I went into editing the movie from MyDVD.

Why it worked I don't care – it just did.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Digital Guru,

I have at last got round to trying out your suggestion.

I converted my .mpg files to .mp4 using Freemake Video Converter (a program I have used several times before), and BINGO – it had the desired result.

I got audio on the preview of MyDVD and also audio on the videowave when I went into editing the movie from MyDVD.

Why it worked I don't care – it just did.

Many thanks

Dave

Why did you convert to mp4? You could have used Freemake to "reconvert" to mpg. When you burn the DVD the mp4 will be converted back to mpg anyway.

Hi Myguggi (sorry for getting name wrong last time), I would never have thought converting mpg to mpg would have achieved anything, but I tried it. The results are not as good as mp4 – converting to mpg mostly gives a delayed audio - out of sync with the video. I'll stick with mp4. The problem is with MyDVD, so when it converts back to mpg during burning, which I was not aware of, it's irrelevant.

Many thanks for your help.