• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

wgrant

Burning audio cd with Sonic

Question

Why isn't there an option to leave the disc open when I want to burn an audio disc? The disc is not full and i would like to add more songs later. This version of Sonic came with my new HP Pavilion laptop I got 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Why isn't there an option to leave the disc open when I want to burn an audio disc?

because you are creating an audio disc. If you can find a software that can create an audio CD and leave the disc open to allow you to add more songs, please let me know because I don't know any.

because you are creating an audio disc. If you can find a software that can create an audio CD and leave the disc open to allow you to add more songs, please let me know because I don't know any.

Actually Nero does! I have it and add more songs all the time. If I'm not mistaken, the older versions of Roxio did the same too. I just might have to uninstall Sonic.

when you create an audio CD with the disc open, most CD players cannot read them... in Sonic case, you can create a Jukebox CD... for audio CD, it must be closed in order to be played on most CD players...

when you create an audio CD with the disc open, most CD players cannot read them... in Sonic case, you can create a Jukebox CD... for audio CD, it must be closed in order to be played on most CD players...

What is a jukebox CD?

I know that most CD players can't play an open audio cd - which is fine, but I would like the option the leave my disc open. I'm not gonna make a disc with just 5 songs on it because that just wasted space.

Yes, earlier versions of ECDC gave you the option to leave an audio session open, but that was in the days when a 504MB drive was HUUUGE (!) and there wasn't the room to spare. They don't do it now.

If you haven't got an odd corner on a hard drive where you can stash up to 700MB of music while you're waiting for enough to fill a CD, I suggest you spend a dollar and get a rewriteable CD for your 'interim' music.

What is a jukebox CD?

It's similar to a data disc in that it has the ability to put different formats of audio (wav, mp3, wma, etc) on a single disc and the idea is that if played back on a computer or compatible player, the software or player will read the information put on the disc by the software, which can be thought of as a playlist, and play the tracks back in the correct order you established. Basically, it's a fancy data disc that is exclusively for audio.