Media Import Fails During Device Selection

gordon.salisbury@gmail.com

Question

Sony DCRHC85

Roxio 8.05

Firewire connection

As soon as I select "Sony DV Device" from the "Select a dvice or source to import from" menu I get two dialog boxes. The first box says "Failed to build preview graph". Clicking on the "Details" button gets the following message, "Operation 'Build' on Capture Manager failed, Failed to build preview graph". Clicking OK takes you back to the Media Import main window but all options/buttons are still grayed out.

Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

bhanchett: Please create your own thread. You appear to have an ANALOG capture card which is not the same problem.

----------

To Gordon and Villageofkincaid:

Make sure you have the latest DirectX 9.0c and that your video drivers are up to date. I know it may not make sense, but parts of EMC uses DirectX extensively. Also apply the Microsoft firewire update.

Get it here

It's not just a Sony problem. I have a Philips Capture 713x and I'm getting the same messages you are. Has anyone heard from Roxio yet as to how to fix this? I'm real new to all this and very confused.

Roxio won't capture from most capture cards. You have to use the software that came with the card and then use those files in EMC 8. I have to use the software that came with my Hauppauge card.

I get similar messages when I select my Angel USB attached TV Tuner. First message is "Operation 'SetTemplate' on CaptureManager failed" I have no problem when using DVD LE7 with this Tuner. Do you also have another version of DVD loaded on your system? I have posted this on the Sonic Support site, a few days ago. No response at this time.

Dell 9300

ATI Mobility Radeon X300

Emuzed USB Angel External TV Tuner (mpeg)

Sony DCRHC85

Roxio 8.05

Firewire connection

As soon as I select "Sony DV Device" from the "Select a dvice or source to import from" menu I get two dialog boxes. The first box says "Failed to build preview graph". Clicking on the "Details" button gets the following message, "Operation 'Build' on Capture Manager failed, Failed to build preview graph". Clicking OK takes you back to the Media Import main window but all options/buttons are still grayed out.

Any suggestions?

I get the same message. I can use Windows Movie Maker with no problems. I have a Sony DCR-HC32. Looks like it's a Sony compatability problem. I hope someone has an answer for this. Please help!!

HP Pavilion ZV6000

Athlon 3200+ 512MB

Ati Mobility Radeon Express 200

My camcorder settings I have selected usb streaming on and a/v output on.

I took a look at the 'capture cards' that Roxio says work with EMC8. At the end it states that EMC8 will not handle cards that provide MPEG-2. Can those who have posted so far determine if your device is MPEG-2 versus AVI or MPEG-1 or MPEG-4? My Emuzed USB TV Tuner is MPEG-2 only, so sadly I am stuck with what Bruce has said.

Archived