• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ReAcT

Why Is There A Green No Signal On My Software?

Question

A green "No signal" means you are not connected correctly.

Why not post exactly how you are connected starting at your game consol.

What do you mean by "It has like green and blue and red lines going threw this software"? Is that 2nd picture supposed to show anything?

Not really just showing what settings i have...

"It has like green and blue and red lines going threw this software" is the preview

What do you mean by not connected correctly?

Like cord wise or ... what?

Edited by ReAcT

From the Xbox to the Roxio i have the compatiblity cable then from the roxio i got the USB going to my pc that is it... but i also have a hdmi pluged in going to a monitor so i can see the gameplay

The RGC SOFTWARE on your PC is not seeing the RGC Device!

OR you do not have the Software/Drivers installed properly!

There is no 3rd possibility :huh:

Your USB cord or port are not working (first one)

You plugged in the Device to your PC Before you installed the software (second one) For this one the repair works like this:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I cant do that because the cd isnt reading in my dvd Drive so is there anyother way to download the Repair panel?

No...

Try another Drive, even another PC.

If you can read the disc, copy ALL the files onto a Thumb drive and then copy them onto the PC you are using.

You can run the Setup.exe from that ;)

ReAct, you said you couldn't read the CD.

Then Jim said to try a different drive and copy everything off it.

Then you said, "I did that and it didn't work..."

I interpreted that as meaning that you couldn't get your CD to read even in another drive. But maybe you meant that you were able to copy everything and re-run the installer, but "it didn't work." Can you please clear up for us exactly "what" didn't work? And what you did?

The written word is subject to (mis)interpretation, and it can be very difficult to be explicitly clear.

The repair worked when i put it on a thumb drive and i rebooted and everything.... but the software still says No signal in Green letters This what i mean by it still doesnt work

Edited by ReAcT

The repair worked when i put it on a thumb drive and i rebooted and everything.... but the software still says No signal in Green letters This what i mean by it still doesnt work

Thank you for clearing that up!

Now look in your Device Manager (Win-Pause then at the upper left)

With the Device UNPLUGGED look for any Warning symbols in there...

Then plug in the Device and look for a change. I don't have the exact same one but it should look about like this:

post-39730-0-00918500-1423612938_thumb.jpg

Is that what you have?

The Green 'No Signal' means that the software Does Not see the Device! That could be things like the USB cord, the port it is plugged into etc.

you are my second head...lol

I can hear sound in the preveiw but there is no video is there something wrong with the video cable or...

Edited by ReAcT

From the Xbox to the Roxio i have the compatiblity cable then from the roxio i got the USB going to my pc that is it... but i also have a hdmi pluged in going to a monitor so i can see the gameplay

Something is not right here....you have posted in the Roxio Game Capture forum, your screen shot shows you have Roxio Game Capture, the Device Manager the same (2 game cap entries) yet you have connected a HDMI cable from your monitor to the unit This unit does not have a HDMI jack, that is available on the PRO version.

Edited by ogdens

Yeah i know that is for the HD PRO version... but i have a AV/compatibility cable plugged into the device and on my pc i can here the sounds of me gaming...

So does the HDMI cut off the Video output of the AV/compatibility cable?

Edited by ReAcT

Yeah i know that is for the HD PRO version... but i have a AV/compatibility cable plugged into the device and on my pc i can here the sounds of me gaming...

So does the HDMI cut off the Video output of the AV/compatibility cable?

Can you provide a link to the specific AV/compatibility cable you have (there are many, many out there).

This how to hook it up

post-68-0-95124400-1423780208_thumb.png

Edited by ogdens

Ok....so you would hook it up as shown in the picture in post 20. You can only use one of the console connectors (in your case the Xbox) at the same time.

Edited by ogdens

"You can only use one of the console connectors (in your case the Xbox) at the same time."

SO that means i cant use HDMI and The AV cable at the sametime?

The Roxio Game Capture does not have any HDMI ports on it. It is component IN and component OUT.

SO that means i cant use HDMI and The AV cable at the sametime?

Does your device have HDMI connectors? If so, then you have the Roxio Game Capture Pro device, not the Roxio Game Capture standard. And if so, you can only use one of the input types at a time, either HDMI or Component.

Does your device have HDMI connectors? If so, then you have the Roxio Game Capture Pro device, not the Roxio Game Capture standard. And if so, you can only use one of the input types at a time, either HDMI or Component.

Dave

Look at his screen shot in Post #1. Also look at #18

Edited by ogdens