Missing Usb Adapter

tbirdmine

Question

I purchased VHS to DVD when it first came up and today, was finally resolved to begin the process. I upgraded online to the latest version.. but ooops.. I can only locate the adapter with the Video/audio connector + S-video and can't find the USB adapter (looks like a USB flash drive). Is there any way I can obtain another one? and if so any ideas from where? On the other hand, any suggestions on how to bypass this dongle if I can't find one?

Thanks in advance

13 answers to this question

Here's how I read it. He's had the entire package for awhile, and recently downloaded an update. Then he went to use it, and can't find the USB/electronics part of the capture device, only the plug in cable adapter part. So he's looking for a solution for that, which is to continue turning the house upside down till he finds it, or, buy a complete new package.

Well, I bite the bullet and went to best buy and bought the entire package again. It comes with the newer adapter. I installed the product on my machine, connected a VCR as instructed (tried S-video 1st, then the RCA connectors after that) and I not getting any video. Checked on my PC that the device manager installed the USB Roxio adapter corrected. I went to ONLINE support and it tells me to try different channels, tried a few still NO VIDEO SGNA in the menu. I connected the VCR to a TV and it works fine.... Any tip suggested?

Windows assurance the "the device is working properly" is meaningless... All it means is that a driver has been installed that it thinks is correct :lol:

There must be 2 entries in your Device Manager, when the device is plugged in and they must look like this:

post-39730-0-51087500-1423478786_thumb.jpg

Check that first. If that is what you have then tell us about your VCR make/model, and how you connect to it.

Thanks, I was able to delete these from Device Manager and re-install. I can now see the video using the RCA Plug (yello), S-Video is still not working. That's fine though since the quality is not that great anyway... Now, I need to find a good video editing software to edit the MPG files that I created. Any recommendations?

Thanks again..