• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Game Capture Hd Pro Ps3 Setup Problems

JeffMania

Question

Hello!

Finally I managed to get no errors on the pc programm but I have some problems with my tv/Ps3.

I plugged a av component cable from ps3 to the capture input and the output from the capture to the tv with HDMI cable.

My PS3 is now connected with the tv on HDMI(standard for me). Is this bad?

I hold my ps3 button for a few seconds to hear the bliep and start my tv. It is now on channel HDMI2. The other is from tv to capture on port HDMI1.

I set up the video on Ps3 to component D but most of the times the screen goes black and sometimes a full red screen... I don't know how this is possible.

Could someone help me please

I just want to clarify your connections

From your PS3 component to RGC input

RGC output HDMI to TV

Of course the USB to Computer....... and their are NO other cables plugged into the PS3

Exactly.

No other cables mean no ethernet and HDMI as well? Usually HDMI stays in until my tv screen connects through HDMI2(Capture to TV) Then I unplug the HDMI in my PS3.

This is exactly what happens to me:\

First I plug in all the cables. USB in pc and etc. HDMI is still in my PS3. I Do the video settings to component D. Signal is now through Capture and tv. I open the software and it says ready in green letters. I have a black preview screen. After a few seconds my tv screen turns into no signal and also the software. If I plug the USB again in the pc it shows up and then It repeats again.

I have been messing around with this for almost 2 weeks now and still didn't work properly.

A quick test to prove if the RGC unit is ok, is to connect another source of component input other than PS3, a DVD/BD/Camcorder.

You have been through a lot of try this, and try that, sometimes its a PITA, but it has to be done to prove the problem.

Good luck.

Thanks for the pics!

My translation is likely wrong but make sure your PS3 is SET to a specific output and not left in auto.

Before your TV/Monitor can work, you have to have a good picture on your Capture window.

Likewise your TV/Monitor should also be SET to an input ;)

That's the problem. I haven't good a good picture on my capture window. When I plugged everything in and set the video settings to Component D it springs from my HDMI1 channel(PS3 to TV) to HDMI 2( Capture to TV) 1080I and it stays on that. Once I open the program there are 2 options. First option is that programm works fine but don't connect to the screen. You see on the picture that it is recognized as Game capture HD PRO. Component. It stays black on the capture screen. Option 2 is as I set my video settings on the ps3 on the right resolutions and open the programm on the pc I get the in the previous post error about the gamecapture pad.

I have been trying this for more than ten times. HDMI to HDMI is not a possability because of the HDCP you've told me. I have set the cables right right? I have the latest update of that programm but after the game capture pad error I have to uninstall the whole thing and do it again. When both work( PS3 on the HDMI2(capture to tv) and the programm with the USB plugged in it should work? I really don't know what's wrong.

Today my HDMI Splitter will arrive and then I give it another shot with 3 HDMI cables so bypass the HDCP. I am so frustrated at the moment.

A quick test to prove if the RGC unit is ok, is to connect another source of component input other than PS3, a DVD/BD/Camcorder.

You have been through a lot of try this, and try that, sometimes its a PITA, but it has to be done to prove the problem.

Good luck.

The capture is ok. The software isn't I think.

Yesterday my software gave a green signal and then I had a chance to change the profile settings. I'm in Europe so it has to be PAL.Tried the first one 720HDPal and I was suprised that it almost works because I now got a chance to change my PS3 video settings into the 4( 576,720,1080i and 1080p). My tv screen was running through 1080P component HDMI. I thought someting happend in a good way that my black preview screen was going to dissapear but instead of that I got the same error game capturepad isn't working. I was so close because this was the first time that the change profile screen came up. I saw 10 different PAL channels so one of them had to work, but now back at step in, the gamecapturepad error, constantly. It drives me crazy.

In my user manual from my tv:

HDCP --> No.

So it means that is not encrypted?

Depends on the context... That may mean that it it Is Not HDCP compliant ~ which often produces a black screen...

I will be curious if your Splitter makes any difference. Some Splitters do not pass along HDCP Code which is what you need to have.

Ogdens was asking about the two Red leads from your PS3 Component cord. He wants to make sure that you do not have the Red Audio plugged into the Red Video!!! (that will mess things up fast!)

Depends on the context... That may mean that it it Is Not HDCP compliant ~ which often produces a black screen...

I will be curious if your Splitter makes any difference. Some Splitters do not pass along HDCP Code which is what you need to have.

Ogdens was asking about the two Red leads from your PS3 Component cord. He wants to make sure that you do not have the Red Audio plugged into the Red Video!!! (that will mess things up fast!)

The cables are next to eachother so I couldn't mess that up haha!

Archived