• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hi8 To Dvd Problem

zamatim

Question

Hi All, when I started recorder my Hi8 to DVD that's exactly what it did, for about fifteen minutes then it ejected the DVD. When I checked the DVD about a quarter of the disk was used. Funny thing was it did record about 15 min of the Hi8 but some how it recorded the same 15 min again then ejected it.

My first question, is there a way to copy the Hi8 to the PC hard drive; edit it; then burn to the DVD with this software. Burning straight to the DVD makes know since to me. How am I suppose to know the size of the file and which DVD to use.

Any help with this would great.

Thank you,

Tim

7 answers to this question

Yes, you can and should copy the Hi8 to your computer. That options is on the first page. You can do some editing but the editing is pretty basic.

Note that any gaps or bad spots in the tape will cause the program to think that the tape is finished and will stop capturing. You may be running into that limitation.

Ok, good start....the camera is a Sony TR81 Hi8. And yes there are some bad spots on the tape that I first tried. Question, where does it say or ask where I want the capture the video? The only option I see in the book/software is to the DVD drive. I must be missing something right under my nose. Clearly capturing the video and being able the edit it before burning it is the only way to go. But if the saftware takes a dump because of a bad spot then this is a real problem, after all, we are talking about Hi8 tapes that are 20 plus years old. Any help is great, and thank you so much.

Tim

What do you think that button on the right does?

post-39730-0-70229400-1423570743_thumb.jpg

The program does not "take a dump" but merely stops recording... You find the next good segment and start another recording...

You will end up with multiple clips IN YOUR PROJECT and they can all be burned to a DVD together onto one DVD - time permitting -_-

That's funny abd thanks for the input. Yes, I tried the button on the right. It started the recording immediately and gave me no option where to save or start the burn. I know, it makes know since. And that is a problem. I think I'll re-install and see what happens. Thank you.

Archived