pandabrawler

No Audio Coming From Ps4

Question

I recently tried using my Roxio Game Capture Pro HD on my PS4 however I can not get the sound to work. The video works no problem in terms of audio, I get no sound coming from either my tv or my laptop, which is what I connect my Game Capture to. I set the audio to HDMI and turned off HDCP and I still can't get it to work. I also updatd my software and nothing has changed.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else had this issue before? Any help would be greatl appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

8 answers to this question

So I did what you suggested, this time through my tv itself and same thing happens. The video comes out from the tv no problem but there's no audio. Does this mean my captur device is defective?

So I did what you suggested, this time through my tv itself and same thing happens. The video comes out from the tv no problem but there's no audio. Does this mean my captur device is defective?

Just so we are clear of what you have done...... you hooked up your PS4 directly into your TV and get no sound.

Just so we are clear of what you have done...... you hooked up your PS4 directly into your TV and get no sound.

No, when I hook up my PS4 to my tv, sound works no problem. When I do the hook up from the PS4 to the GCHDP to the tv and plug it into my laptop, I get no sound. Same when I do the hook up from my cable box to the GCHDP to the tv and laptop. No sound from that either.

I should probably note that last I checked, which was a couple of days ago, I can capture both audio and video with component cables on my PS3 no problems at all.

Very slowly now...

If you hook up your HDMI from your PS4 to the RGC is there Audio when you Capture a file?

IF NOT, do the same test with a completely different HDMI output Source. Does that have Audio in the Captured file?

Oh, my apologies. I haven't used English in awhile.

For the first one question, no audio when I capture a file when I hook up my HDMI from my PS4 to the capture device. Video is fine.

I then did the test with a different HDMI output source on the same tv. Same result.

Then I used a different tv altogether afterwards and same result again.

Hopefully this is a better answer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Have you tried changing any of the PS4 Audio Output settings (you have nothing to loose), just keep track of any changes you make.

The existing settings on the PS4 are set up to work when the it's connected directly to your TV, but now you are connecting to the RGC unit, then to the TV

[snip]

Oh, my apologies. I haven't used English in awhile.

Your English is a lot better than most of the English speaking kids, who post in this forum.