• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc8 Creates A Jet**.tmp File After Installation That Multiplies.

vincejc@cox.net

Question

After installation or reinstallation of EMC8, a temporary file named jet***.tmp is created in C/windows/temp folder. If you try to delete jet***.tmp it creates a copy of itself. If you try to delete the copy it creates more and more copies of the jet***.tmp file after rebooting your computer until you have hundreds of these files that copy itself.

Why are these jet***.tmp files created and multiplied when installing EMC8?. Can you ever get rid of these jet***.tmp files?

I have used third party registry cleaners to delete these files but upon reboot, more jet***.tmp files were created,copied and multiplied in C/windows/temp folder.

The only way to stop the multiplication of copies of the jet***.tmp files is to uninstall EMC8 completely and the jet***.tmp files can be deleted for good and never return. This is also suggested by the Microsoft Windows XP tech support team.

Any suggestion of how the jet*** files can be stopped so I can go back and reinstall EMC8?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

After installation or reinstallation of EMC8, a temporary file named jet***.tmp is created in C/windows/temp folder. If you try to delete jet***.tmp it creates a copy of itself. If you try to delete the copy it creates more and more copies of the jet***.tmp file after rebooting your computer until you have hundreds of these files that copy itself.

Why are these jet***.tmp files created and multiplied when installing EMC8?. Can you ever get rid of these jet***.tmp files?

I have used third party registry cleaners to delete these files but upon reboot, more jet***.tmp files were created,copied and multiplied in C/windows/temp folder.

The only way to stop the multiplication of copies of the jet***.tmp files is to uninstall EMC8 completely and the jet***.tmp files can be deleted for good and never return. This is also suggested by the Microsoft Windows XP tech support team.

Any suggestion of how the jet*** files can be stopped so I can go back and reinstall EMC8?

Thanks.

I found a few of them but they are all Zero byte files, not worth worrying about.

All of mine delete without any problems. I have heard of files that multiply and it is usually the result of virus. It can also be a user error caused by trying to use a mouse to delete with.

Might be time to scan…

Archived