• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

CliffL

Recording Has Ripples

Question

When recording the picture on the screen has ripples across the very top,of and on. this is not on the vhs tape. I have tried different vhs players. Also when recording once in a while It will show no signal on the screen for about one second and then go right back to the picture. any suggestions for help?

7 answers to this question

It is installed on Dell inspion desktop with i5-4440 processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive using Windows 8.1. what other information would you need?

Using the Roxio easy VHS to DVD software, I am trying to transfer a single VHS tape to a DVD. The program works fine except for the ripple problem & the short no signal problem.

Using the Roxio easy VHS to DVD software, I am trying to transfer a single VHS tape to a DVD. The program works fine except for the ripple problem & the short no signal problem.

Which version do you have, there are two: VHS2DVD and the newer VHS2DVD 3 Plus?

The recommended method is to first capture to your hard drive and then later burn the captured video to your hard drive. This separates the capturing and burning processes.

If the "no signal" appears now and then it may mean that the capture is "reading" from a blank section on the tape and it loses the signal. For some users this may also stop the capture process since the program thinks it has reached the end of the recording on the tape.