Video DVD Encoding Problem....HELP ME.

Praveen

Question

I have tried to burn my video files on my harddrive onto a blank DVD in video mode.I opened the ROXIO HOME MENU and selected VIDEO option and selected CREATE A DVD WITH MY DVD.A new MY DVD window opened and I started a new project with the following specifications:

FORMAT OPTIONS:

Project Type: DVD Video

Menu Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Standard: PAL

Movie Buttons: Play Movie Only

Set as Default FOr My Production

Constrain Button Aspect Ratio

Per Render Menus in Preview

DEFAULT ENCODING OPTIONS:

Preset: High Quality

Video: 704x572

Bitrate: 3.65MBPS

Interlaced

Audio: Dolby Digital AC3 (384Kbps)

As soon as I added the videos which is in AVI format and of size 1.4GB and pressed the BURN button,the transcoding window opened and took about 20Seconds of time and displayed the message saying

"80040207 Error while transcoding"

Now guys what di I do to overcome this error.How to write my videos files sucessfully onto my DVD in video format.My file system is NTFS and I am using Roxio Creatot 9.

11 answers to this question

Well, well, well ... CDANTEEK and SKNIS, you've done it one more time. Tip #3 seem to have done the trick. Haven't researched this, just acted on faith, and it worked for the compilation ... Now, that I've done that, should I revert back to the former setting and let Windows do its job or just leave it alone. I'm just wondering if I screwed up anything by change this setting. And CDANTEEK, just curious, why are you using old CDs (CDAntique)? :)

Leave it there unless you have issues. I don't know what they would be though. Glad that we were able to help.

I had the same problem, which caused me to pay the forum a visit and see if others had a similar issue. Switching the rendering option from hardware to software did the trick for me. While I'm happy that the issue is resolved, I'm curious as to what it all means. Does this mean that my hardware, somehow, is not working 100% with Roxio's EMC 9? I'm using a Dell Dimension 9150, dual coreProcessor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel @2992 Mhz, 2G or RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 with 256MB of RAM, so I don't think my hardware configuration should have any issues with Roxio EMC9. Checked all the drivers, all is up-to-date, last BIOS revision as well. What could be the issue, do you know? Thanks again for your post - it sure got me off the hook! :)

With that card and recent drivers, you should be almost zipping through the encoding in the hardware mode. Take a look at a couple of things. 1) Adjust the card so that it is set to performance or best performance and away from appearance. 2) Set your computer's display hardware performance to full acceleration, and 3) Use Windows to set your performance to best performance (usually it is set to let Windows decide). Some of this may be redundant but try it anyway.

With that card and recent drivers, you should be almost zipping through the encoding in the hardware mode. Take a look at a couple of things. 1) Adjust the card so that it is set to performance or best performance and away from appearance. 2) Set your computer's display hardware performance to full acceleration, and 3) Use Windows to set your performance to best performance (usually it is set to let Windows decide). Some of this may be redundant but try it anyway.

Hi, Sknis. The display is already set to full acceleration. I don't know what you mean in item (3) - can you elaborate on this one. As for the display adapter, everything seems OK - most of the settings are controlled by the application anyway. Thanks for your help - much appreciated!

I have updated the video card drivers but still the same problem.This is one common problem which has been posted in EMC8 and EMC7 sections and now its with EMC9,So whats the solution for it.
Pretty hard to offer suggestions without information asked for being provided, so please list your system specs (especially video card).

The only other suggestion would be to try changing the rendering option to Software. It may help.

3) Use Windows to set your performance to best performance (usually it is set to let Windows decide).

Yep, this setting fixes this issue for me too. Thanks Roxio. This is better than tech support. Please keep on making this product even better. It still has many quirks.... :)

Start right click my computer properties. On the advanced tab, top one performance click settings.

cdanteek

Well, well, well ... CDANTEEK and SKNIS, you've done it one more time. Tip #3 seem to have done the trick. Haven't researched this, just acted on faith, and it worked for the compilation ... Now, that I've done that, should I revert back to the former setting and let Windows do its job or just leave it alone. I'm just wondering if I screwed up anything by change this setting. And CDANTEEK, just curious, why are you using old CDs (CDAntique)? :)

Pretty hard to offer suggestions without information asked for being provided, so please list your system specs (especially video card).

The only other suggestion would be to try changing the rendering option to Software. It may help.

I had the same problem, which caused me to pay the forum a visit and see if others had a similar issue. Switching the rendering option from hardware to software did the trick for me. While I'm happy that the issue is resolved, I'm curious as to what it all means. Does this mean that my hardware, somehow, is not working 100% with Roxio's EMC 9? I'm using a Dell Dimension 9150, dual coreProcessor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel @2992 Mhz, 2G or RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 with 256MB of RAM, so I don't think my hardware configuration should have any issues with Roxio EMC9. Checked all the drivers, all is up-to-date, last BIOS revision as well. What could be the issue, do you know? Thanks again for your post - it sure got me off the hook! :)

Archived