Bob2015

Another Me Too - Split From Mhijacked Thread

Question

My problem is in trying to install Creator NXT Pro3 on a computer which has not had any Corell programs installed on it to this point. I am trying to install it in win 8.1. I started to get program interupted and failed install messages then issues with 0649 issues. I followed the knowledgebase resolution instructions but before I was successful I got the message Key used too many times. How can I get my key usage reset so I can continue to try and successfully install my product. My disks were delivered damaged and I had to get them repaired. My installs from the disk were unsuccessfull so I tried from my hard drive when I ran out of key usages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the advice I did so and he did reset my counter.

I am now having issues with error code 064A I cannot find an install log to attach. I am running win 8.1. Thanks

Ok now. I tried to locate the log files for NXT3 but there were none in the location you mentioned. I remembered I had Creator 2012 installed for a short time awhile ago, so I reinstalled it then uninstalled it using Revo Pro. To my disappointment the install attempts have resulted in the same 064A error code. I watch the install and it seems to crap out while trying to setup the virtual drive 64. I am again running out of installs as I have now used another 7 or so. I have never had such a difficult time with an install like this one. If it makes any difference I am using a 64bit version of win 8.1. Thanks again for your help. Would 064A possibly be some error related to my 64 bit system?

I again followed the directions you suggested and under (licensed user-appdata-roaming-roxio log files) there are no log files for nxt 3 only folders for Roxio back on track, creator 2012 pro: empty, creator pro disk 2. What next please?

I again followed the directions you suggested and under (licensed user-appdata-roaming-roxio log files) there are no log files for nxt 3 only folders for Roxio back on track, creator 2012 pro: empty, creator pro disk 2. What next please?

Thanks for forcing me to revisit this aspect!

I can't find them either :o I several other gurus out looking for them ;)

Till then I will give the solutions that we usually see causing this!

HERE

Aside from that it might help to try a different approach to install...

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...

(Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges. (see below)

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

How to Create a New User Account (Win 8):

HERE

I have located the log files in (This PC-Local disk C:-Program Data-Roxio Log Files). I decided to attach the log file before I go any further. I did try your first suggestion but stopped short of the lengthy one. This resulted in another fail with error 064A. Hope this file will expose the issue.

LogFile 15-02-22 13-48.zip

As stated in the article I am installing from my hard drive, have been from about the third or forth attempt. Now looking at 21st attempt. Still will not install. Could it be that I have faulty disks? to begin with. Can I get a download option even though I bought the program disks? Your thoughts please.

As stated in the article I am installing from my hard drive, have been from about the third or forth attempt. Now looking at 21st attempt. Still will not install. Could it be that I have faulty disks? to begin with. Can I get a download option even though I bought the program disks? Your thoughts please.

If you copied the contents of the discs, to your hard drive, and there was no problem copying them, there are no problems with the discs.

Edited by grandpabruce

Gentlemen I appreciate your patience with me. I have tried the long way as recommended and attached another log file. As all the others this too has failed. Getting a little impatient at this point, not with your help; but with this software. If you have any more tricks in your bag, I would like to hear of them. I await further instructions.

LogFile 15-02-23 22-07.zip

I can understand the frustration -_-

Please confirm that you have tried all of the steps in Post# 8 including creating a New User Account for the install?

Either way we will pass this along to Roxio ;)

Where did you buy the Roxio disc - directly from Roxio, from a big box store or from someone like e-bay or Amazon as a download?

Are you connected to the internet during the install?

There was a install process for installing Roxio/Corel programs in the safe mode but there is no process for W8.1.

Yes I confirm that I created a new user account with admin privileges and closely followed all the steps as outlined precisely. The disks were purchased directly from roxio online and arrived severely scuffed due to being loose in transit. I had them repaired as our local video store has a machine which can restore disks to new condition. This cost me $10. Yes I am connected to the internet while installing. I have also closed, halted, disabled any other programs which would otherwise monitor or interfere in the installation. I even purchased a copy of Revo pro in order to have all the features available to me. This cost me $20. I sincerely hope Roxio can come up with a solution as I have enjoyed their products in the past.

I have asked Rox-Ralf to look into this for you but as he lives in a different timezone (it is tomorrow there) may take a day or so ;)

I suspect the discs are at least part of the problem -_-

Guest Rox-Ralf

I have asked Rox-Ralf to look into this for you but as he lives in a different timezone (it is tomorrow there) may take a day or so ;)

I suspect the discs are at least part of the problem -_-

Upon checking the log file, it seems like the problem could be on the disc installer.

02/21/15 17:57:33 - Updating install progress: 26 / 33, (null)

02/21/15 17:57:33 - Action InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_90.Install failed with exit code 1603.

02/21/15 17:57:33 - Installation failed with error code 1603

02/21/15 17:57:33 - Rolling back installation

02/21/15 17:57:33 - Caught cancelation exception while running install actions

ROXIOCENTRAL_90 is the main core part of the program package.

I also send the download link which he can use to install (check private message)

Bob, is this with the new Download that Rox-Ralf provided for you in Post #18?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Question Bob, last log file what were you using a download or disc?

Where exactly was the download or disc you used last log file, copied to be precise?

Earlier log files always pointed to the content disc being installed then failing.

I downloaded the three files from the site location I was given. I then executed the file equivalent to disk 1. It unpacked the files to a temp directory on disk c: and executed the install. The files were downloaded using internet download manager to a download directory on drive c:. Before initiating the download I ran Revo to check for any leftovers and shut down all background programs that monitor my system, including antivirus and firewall. Note I tried a custom install trying to install only the top item on the list to limit the install activity to only the main part of the program. Hope this helps.

With all the trouble you have had, why on earth would try a Custom Install at this point??? :wacko:

Go back to Post #8 and follow the steps, just go to your Downloaded Directory where I say 'insert disc' ;)

If it does not work, we will need the setup log from this attempt.

My bad. I am a service tech by trade and was just trying to narrow things down. I did as you asked even going so far as to disable any background apps in the startup folder. Ran the file and it failed with the same results. Log file attached.

LogFile 15-02-26 17-38.zip

As a service tech don't you hate it when you give instructions then find a client goes off on a wild tangent :lol:

Short of Format C:\ (and you aren't far from that step ;)) I want you to try these steps:

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Use your Dowloaded File and in that folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

DO NOT use the Check for Updates when asked!

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.