Cookie J

Recorded For 40 Mins And Only 14 Minuets Was Recorded :)

Question

Ok so every time I use the roxio there is a new problem.. :/

When The update came out.. I tried it out.. I clicked on start capture and it crashes...

So I then started just clicking Start Pre Roll...

So that's what I did just now. I clicked Start Pre Roll and I was playing for about 40 mins.. And after I clicked save pre roll.. I look at the recording and its only 14 mins long....

Now I would understand if it was only the first 14 mins... Oh no its just the last 14 mins of game play....

For real, what is happening here :/

12 answers to this question

Actually, what you clicked, Pre-Roll, did exactly as it's supposed to. Instead of capturing all of your gameplay, it records a certain amount (you can set that limit) and keeps that amount up to the current time. So, say you're playing, and you decide, "Hey! That last bit went really well, I want to keep that." You click stop, and it has only that amount recorded, not the last 2 hours (or however long) you were playing.

Here's a link for it:

http://img.roxio.com...ureHDPRO-WN.pdf

This is one of those, "working as designed" problems. :D

Edited by d_deweywright
  • Like 1

Actually, what you clicked, Pre-Roll, did exactly as it's supposed to. Instead of capturing all of your gameplay, it records a certain amount (you can set that limit) and keeps that amount up to the current time. So, say you're playing, and you decide, "Hey! That last bit went really well, I want to keep that." You click stop, and it has only that amount recorded, not the last 2 hours (or however long) you were playing.

Here's a link for it:

http://img.roxio.com...ureHDPRO-WN.pdf

This is one of those, "working as designed" problems. :D

Ok so how do I record all gameplay.. Cause I just tested.. And Start Capture still crashes the software :)

Ok so how do I record all gameplay.. Cause I just tested.. And Start Capture still crashes the software :)

You use Capture BUT...

You have to have working software and something on yours is not.

You need to do a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc. (since you have SP2 just run it from your Downloads directory)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Ok Thanks Guys I'll let you know if it works.. And just to make sure.. The pre roll just captures your last couple mins of recording?

.. And just to make sure.. The pre roll just captures your last couple mins of recording?

NO! READ the information in the Link that Dave gave you.

Ok Thanks Guys I'll let you know if it works.. And just to make sure.. The pre roll just captures your last couple mins of recording?

I'll contradict Jim's answer and say, "yes." (The difference is in the definition of "last couple mins".)

I've never used nor looked at the function, but it records as you're playing, and keeps the most recent whatever amount of time you've set. Since you may not have set that value, the default may be 14 minutes, but as I read the information, that is a settable amount of time. So, if you wanted to keep more or less time, you could. There may well be some maximum time it will let you set there.

Technically it only captures the last 15 minutes of play...

So if you only have a couple of minutes of play then you could say yes :lol:

I don't deal is shades of gray too well -_-

Ok sorry I never got around to doing the re install sooner. Did it yesterday, and the software still crashes when I click start capture.. I can use the Preroll, but the max it captures is 60 mins.

Post #4 - follow the instructions ^_^

You might have to do that 2 or 3 times.

Ahh ok yea sorry Ill do that next, ill let you know if it worked out

Please post your pictures Here... It is a lot easier than what you are doing and no one likes going to an unknown site when they don't have to ;) (info HERE

The pictures have no meaning as we do not know what you are doing at the time to generate them -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin